How many of you old cranks remember?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Interesting foot note to the Sonic Franchises.
They didn't own the property they were built on. It was property bought by a company owned by a Car Dealer in Ponca City that worked with Sonic to get a location, and buy the property at a reduced rate, then leasing it to the franchise which then became a tax write off as a cost of doing business.
That was back when it was Oklahoma Only. Since going nationwide, I can't say how that works now.
I graduated HS with the daughter of that dealership who took over the land leasing business when the father passed away.

2busy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
They didn't own the property they were built on. It was property bought by a company owned by a Car Dealer in Ponca City that worked with Sonic to get a location, and buy the property at a reduced rate, then leasing it to the franchise which then became a tax write off as a cost of doing business.
That was back when it was Oklahoma Only. Since going nationwide, I can't say how that works now.
I graduated HS with the daughter of that dealership who took over the land leasing business when the father passed away.
There was a show on tv that told the history of McDonald's. Basically the guy who promoted it was able to take it over buying the land and then leasing it and the building to the brothers that founded McDonald's.

Targetshooter

Marksman
Reaction score
Ford dealer?

OKRuss

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
There was a show on tv that told the history of McDonald's. Basically the guy who promoted it was able to take it over buying the land and then leasing it and the building to the brothers that founded McDonald's.
I'm pretty sure that I read where the true value of McDonald's is from real estate. They're on the most busy intersections and a lot of time on the corner, which is prime, in nearly every city in the US.

WoodsCraft

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure that I read where the true value of McDonald's is from real estate. They're on the most busy intersections and a lot of time on the corner, which is prime, in nearly every city in the US.
McDonalds Corporation is the largest private owner of real estate in the United States , when I franchise is opened the Franchisee is on the hook for the cost for everything including the building which they own, but they never own the land the building sits on and its also how McDonald's keeps control of its franchises. If they do not want to adhere to agreements , McDonald's will cancel the lease and quit supplying them and just like that they're out of business.

NorthFan

Marksman
Reaction score
There’s one in Norman, on Lindsey near I-35, or there was the last time I was over that way, which is exceedingly rare these days.
Several around town, 1 in Del City area and I35 in Moore by 12th street exit. The one in Mustang is owned by a lady who is super nice and they have great service every time I’ve been there.

TANSTAAFL

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The food two decades ago was much better. Burger King at one time was actually Char Broiled their burgers on a conveyer belt passing through a gas flame, now they microwave previously char broiled raw meat.

Here's the latest training video for Sonic:

I have a feeling all fast food is lab grown...

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
there was a house for sale in Mustang for $200k. I looked up canadian valley's assessors' website to see the property. It was sold back in 2021 for $150k and back in 2010 for $90k. It was built in 1982. In 2002, it went for $74K.

Pretty good ROI in 2021 if sold!!!

Pretty good unless Spread Eagle gets in and tells you to pay tax on unattained apappreciation. Which she has promised and idiots are still supporting the Marxist Ho.

2busy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The documentary is called "the founder". I will not eat there. The two brothers had their business stolen from them.

Latest posts

Top Bottom