How many rounds?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I figure one full cap and one spare should allow me a fighting withdrawl if I don't win the fight outright. I just don't have enough ass to haul around a full arsenal on my belt. :)

bettingpython

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm not paranoid at all. How many instances have occured where a post shooting interviewee says they fired 3 or 4 rounds only to find that the entire mag had been emptied? Stress does funny hings to a person if you have the ability to carry extra then by all means do so. I seriously doubt I will ever have to fire a shot in defense of myself or family in my entire lifetime. But I don't want to be caught with my pants down.

ldp4570

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
SW 3913 with two spare 8rd mags. SW640ND with one speed strip. Not as heavy as you might think. I'd rather have more, and not need it, than to have less, and be here!
ai151.photobucket.com_albums_s127_ldp4570_shitcreek.jpg

loudshirt

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I really just want to know what you think you are going to run into. The anything can happen reason is a cop out. To come to the amount of ammo that some people say they are carrying you must have some idea what you think you are going to run into. Some seem more like they are going offensive instead of defensive.

I personally work at a job that requires me to carry. I have the one magazine and that is it. I personally can not see a situation in which I will need more than one magazine to escape and evade.

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I really just want to know what you think you are going to run into. The anything can happen reason is a cop out. To come to the amount of ammo that some people say they are carrying you must have some idea what you think you are going to run into. Some seem more like they are going offensive instead of defensive.

I personally work at a job that requires me to carry. I have the one magazine and that is it. I personally can not see a situation in which I will need more than one magazine to escape and evade.

Like I said earlier, if you are ever in a situation that a BG has told you to "stand and deliver" you may need more than just two or three shots. Chances are, it won't ever happen. However, if it's already went THAT far, who knows where it's gonna end up. :ugh2:

Just for the record, ON DUTY I only carry one spare mag on my person as well.

OFF DUTY I'm usually totin' a J frame (or two ;)) along with a reload for each. Do I feel out gunned? Of course not. Would I ever carry without spare ammo? Well...do you drive a car without a spare tire? :anyone:

Again, a spare reload isn't always for the extra ammo. If you jam up your bottom feeder, chances are it's gonna be magazine related. Then there's the :oops3: you could experience if you inadvertantly bumped the mag release button and dropped your ONE AND ONLY magazine into the darkness.

That brings about the whole flashlight discussion...let's not go there! :rolleyes2

jarhead983

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
10 in the mag, 1 in the pipe, all JHP. 1 additional mag of 10, all FMJ. I figure if I need the 2nd mag, then I'll have to shoot through cover. If he's not behind cover by that time, then he's an idiot that I have missed 11 times and I deserve whatever may come.

Latest posts

Top Bottom