How To Make Super Accurate Rifle Ammo

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

diggler1833

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Depends on the quality of factory ammo and if the gun likes it. Same way that not all handloaded stuff is going to be good. If you could just slap together anything there would be no load development process.

You might not get the recipe right on the first try, that's why we have load development like you said. However, if you can't be more precise than a machine churning out thousands of rounds per hour, then Sir, I have bad news for you regarding your reloading capability.

My point being that no handloader above just a bare bones beginner should ever settle for equal or worse accuracy than factory ammo...and suggesting that you can't necessarily accomplish that in your 'I'm an expert in my gunsmith apron, and this is how to make accurate ammo' video series demonstrates that you're better off creating videos where you sit in a recliner and reminisce about the .257 Roberts.

I've had rifles that loved certain factory ammo...still can beat accuracy, ES, and SD with a good handload.

I understand that this makes me a jerk...but it doesn't make me an incorrect jerk. I can live with that.

magna19

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You might not get the recipe right on the first try, that's why we have load development like you said. However, if you can't be more precise than a machine churning out thousands of rounds per hour, then Sir, I have bad news for you regarding your reloading capability.

My point being that no handloader above just a bare bones beginner should ever settle for equal or worse accuracy than factory ammo...and suggesting that you can't necessarily accomplish that in your 'I'm an expert in my gunsmith apron, and this is how to make accurate ammo' video series demonstrates that you're better off creating videos where you sit in a recliner and reminisce about the .257 Roberts.

I've had rifles that loved certain factory ammo...still can beat accuracy, ES, and SD with a good handload.

I understand that this makes me a jerk...but it doesn't make me an incorrect jerk. I can live with that.
He seems very knowledgeable. I skipped through different parts of each video after watching the first minute. It was a struggle. Hey whats this I hear about the 257 Roberts.

GC7

Not Actually a Grackle
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Even if you suck at reloading (case prep, consistency, etc), if you just do ladder testing you'll probably squeak out factory match ammo.

But if you suck at reloading, you should not reload because you probably lack the discipline to do it safely.

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Sometimes its best to watch a series of videos first. Just Sayin
Thanks for the advice. I'll try to do better next time. :D

Here's a YouTube hack for you guys that don't like slow talkers. Set the playback speed to 1.25 or 1.5. It helps a lot. You're welcome! :)

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom