Ammo Going Up Again

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jason Freeland

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I think one of the drivers in ammo cost is the lead. We really aren’t producing or refining much, if any, of our own lead now. If someone has some stats or information on this, I’d be interested in taking a look.
Antimony, one of the things they listed as being embargoed, is the hardener they add to lead bullets. I do think you are right about lead production, I remember reading about it a while back.

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
For more than a few years after we got too busy to shoot matches anymore we still bought ammo like we were going to matches and hitting the range every night. Then I got hurt and I have been to the range twice in 5 years. Grumpy's been probably a half dozen times every summer. Last summer he took the boys a couple of times -- jeez I forgot how much ammo teen-age boys can burn through in an afternoon. 😬 We replaced as they shot and I know Scott's always picking up stuff on the side when he thinks I'm not looking. He's gonna make LoneWolf'49's stash look like a partial box in the back of the closet if we don't start shooting more ... Lol

Hangfire

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Don't know if the election year panic buying has started again or what but I stopped in Atwoods this morning to browse the guns and the fella there told me that they've been selling considerably more 9mm, .223, 5.56 and 22LR ammo in the past three weeks....also said that although they are not flying off the shelf yet like they did a few years back they've been selling more AR type rifles in the past month or so than in previous months this year.

I'm thinking / hoping that Donnie is going to be sitting in the big chair again after the election is over but depending on who you listen to they say both candidates are pretty much running neck and neck right now.

Remember.....

cc.jpg

Latest posts

Top Bottom