Have you lost interest in guns?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

El Pablo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

DavidMcmillan

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
At a period of life when things should be slowing down to allow more time for my hobbies, I find my time being consumed everyone else’s. I expect that will only get worse now that grandchildren are in the picture.
I think you will find that things get even better with the arrival of grandchildren. Mine are now in their 20's and I wouldn't trade an hour that I spent with them for anything. A lot of what I thought I would do after I retired, has no interest to me now.

Mr.Glock

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have ridded the vast majority of what all I had. One left to go and I am done. We try to shoot pistols at least once a week/3 times a month. Rifles once a month at best.

We all get old and don’t feel like ****, but I am a lucky guy and have great health, just the undercarriage is shot to hell.

I resolve to keep on going till I cannot!

WoodsCraft

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
30 something years ago, I swore and be damned I would never own a 9mm either. But here we are! I've been carrying a Glock 43X for a little over a year now. :rolleyes2
Much the same but my carry is a Kahr polymer micro its small enough to fit the back pocket on some blue jeans im very much enamored of a small sub compact handgun these days. If I had to carry something larger Id probably not carry at all

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I think you will find that things get even better with the arrival of grandchildren. Mine are now in their 20's and I wouldn't trade an hour that I spent with them for anything. A lot of what I thought I would do after I retired, has no interest to me now.

True story. Seems like my buying has shifted from firearms to
Shooting guns is just about my favorite thing to do

I used to be the same way. :grumble:

OK Corgi Rancher

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have so many things going on around the house I really don't have free time to shoot. We just built a new carport/shop a year ago. Now we're enclosing it for more indoor working space. When that's done I need to put a roof on the house...and enclose the back porch and turn it into a giant pantry. And that's in addition to all the other things that need to be done to keep up with a 20 acre place.

I'm not complaining...just thinking out loud that maybe I actually do know why I don't shoot as much these days.

Free Trapper

Repeat Offender
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
30 something years ago, I swore and be damned I would never own a 9mm either. But here we are! I've been carrying a Glock 43X for a little over a year now. :rolleyes2
Boy, I can relate to that.

I took a like new Gen 3 Glock 19 on a trade. Still not a 9MM fan, (I prefer my pistol rounds to begin with 4) but that thing runs like a top and I keep it in my center console of my truck stoked with Federal Hydro-Shocks. I can stick the snout of it in my jeans watch pocket and cover it with my t shirt and it is fairly comfortable to carry if I think I need to. Seldom wear a belt or holster, but it is a comfort in case I need to put out a bunch of rounds quickly. I pray to my maker that this never happens.

I still have the 45 holster you gave me and use it occasionally if I make the gruelling 100 yard trip on my 4 wheeler to my little shooting range to use up a box of 45 ACP :)

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I was so much into shooting until covid. Shooting two matches a week from OKC to Tulsa or our local range.
I was vice president of for three years and president for 4 years at our local range in Ponca. 300 members before covid.
When not shooting matches, was at the range to practice or just plink a couple times a week.
Have no clue what the round count was but it was in the thousands a month.
Wife retired three years after me and the RV came into the picture.
It's hard to find a place to shoot out on the road. I'm not a big fan of indoor ranges, staying away from them for the most part. Outdoor ranges are out there but mostly private with an annual membership.
When finding one open to the public, I'm there. We use 30 cal ammo boxes as door stops.
Getting home from the road, playing catch up on things takes away from range time, but get there as much as possible.
Interesting that this thread popped up as was in the shop today doing some gun work and looked at the ammo in stock. Need to get back out to the range and will as soon as brush hogging, tilling, and planting food plots for deer season is over.
Wife says all this work is self-imposed. I hate to say it, but she is right. (If anyone of you ever meet her, never tell her I said that. I will deny.)

T. MIKE SMITH

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I got a co2 pellet pistol- set at the patio table and shoot 3" targets stuck to a tall cardboard box- about as much fun as loading up and going to range or my nephew's farm. Need to get out though- I have a 22 pistol I haven't fired yet and make sure I can still hit with my carry piece. If a decent deal comes along on something I like and it's handy, I will pick it up. But I think all the time- need to sell some no more than I shoot now.

Latest posts

Top Bottom