HR 45 Do you want to register all your guns with the Fed?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ConstitutionCowboy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I keep contemplating how not to comply with this bill if it gets passed. I mostly have long guns. When mr. agent shows up, I'll just have to confess that I sold them all through private transactions, which don't require any records being kept, as far as I know. Handguns, NFA weapons, cans, etc. would have to be legally transferred and tracked. I presently lack all of those, except for an 1860 army revolver replica. Crude, but effective.

At the risk of having another comment "cleaned up", what'll you do when the agent then asks you to list all the guns you used to own? They'll hang you from a higher tree branch if you lie to them and they find out.

Woody

352nd_Soldat

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
At the risk of having another comment "cleaned up", what'll you do when the agent then asks you to list all the guns you used to own? They'll hang you from a higher tree branch if you lie to them and they find out.

Woody

I can easily list the guns that I "used to own". I just won't have any record of who I sold them to.

glock girl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ya know ... my house got broken into, there's even a police report. They stole lots of stuff. I'm still finding things missing, and come to think of it, I haven't seen any of my guns in awhile ... :scratch:

cscokd

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
History will always repeat itself if not for the vigilance of the willing...

The people of the various provinces are strictly forbidden to have in their possession any swords, bows, spears, firearms or other types of arms. The possession of these elements makes difficult the collection of taxes and dues, and tends to permit uprising. – Toyotomi Hideyoshi, Japanese Shogun, August 29, 1558

When the resolution of enslaving America was formed in Great Britain, the British Parliament was advised by an artful man, who was governor of Pennsylvania, to disarm the people; that it was the best and most effectual way to enslave them; but that they should not do it openly, but weaken them, and let them sink gradually...I ask, who are the militia? They consist of now of the whole people, except a few public officers. But I cannot say who will be the militia of the future day. If that paper on the table gets no alteration, the militia of the future day may not consist of all classes, high and low, and rich and poor... - George Mason, Virginia Constitution Convention

And have you ever wondered why the European Resistance movements during WWII weren't more effective?

Before a standing army can rule, the people must be disarmed; as they are in almost every kingdom in Europe.
The supreme Power in America cannot enforce unjust laws by the sword, because the whole body of the people are armed, and constitute a force superior to any band of regular troops that can be, on any pretence, raised in the United States.
Noah Webster
An Examination into the Leading Principles of the Federal Constitution in
Pamphlets on the Constitution of the United States, P. Ford, editor. 1888.

I could go on, but I need to bring my BP down...

352nd_Soldat

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Which is why this bill will be so un-enforceable. Not to mention the amount of paperwork generated and the number of investigations that will be needed to find out who's been naughty and who's been nice.

They can try to intercept people at firing ranges, but then people will stop going to public ranges. Most people won't rat out their neighbors, either, because they don't want to shine a spotlight on themselves. 350 million citizens vs. a handful of bureaucrats. We win.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I honestly don't think HR 45 has a snowball's chance of passing. I do think that the NRA and the NSSF need to take immediate action to attack Bobby Rush and work to have him defeated in his next election. They should focus on him like a lazer and make his political life as miserable as possible. He's from Illinois so there's a good chance that he's corrupt after all. :wink2: They need to find a moderate Dem who isn't afraid to go against the gun ban crowd and throw all their weight behind him/her.

If it passed, the NRA and NSSF should take a REAL leadership role by announcing that the law is illegal and should not be followed by dealers or citizens. If the .gov had to deal with tens of thousands of dealers and millions of gun owners acting as concientious objectors, they would repeal the law post haste.

There is precedent for this with prohibition. That wasn't just a law, it was an Amendment to the Constitution.

Latest posts

Top Bottom