HR 45 Do you want to register all your guns with the Fed?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Koolhandlinc

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Some strong antigunners have personal reasons why they are so strong against guns.

Most people know the Brady story.

Does anyone know if this bills author has persoanl reasons for his position.

I decided to search and attempt to learn some on this.

"Michael “Mario” Pace, 16, is charged with one count of murder and five counts of attempted murder in the Thursday shooting that claimed the life of Julian High School student Blair Holt, 16, who was not the intended target. Facing identical charges is 15-year-old Kevin Jones, who sources said gave Pace the gun. Jones knew Pace wanted to use the weapon to try to kill someone Pace had argued with on an almost “daily basis,”

http://mylifeofcrime.wordpress.com/...il-the-boy-who-became-a-hero-with-his-murder/

So what I have learned is that a teen who should not have had a gun in a city that has a gun ban of sorts, gives the gun to another teen who then kills a child.

This is a truely sad story.

I don't support more laws. I mean seriously what can't some really serious investigation occur here. Rather than going after all the people who do obey laws and make more laws. why don't these people place there energy into helping dig deep into the laws that are broken. Tracking the criminals actions and activity.

Where did this first kid get the gun? Were laws broken?

underdog

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't know how Bobby Rush holds a public office. He is a former Black Panther and did time for weapons violations. He must have gotten a pardon or something. He will be difficult to beat in his district. He's popular in the 'hood. He once beat Obama for a state rep's office.

But, this bill isn't going anywhere. It won't make it out of committee because the controversy would be too damaging to Dems.

Soulman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
H.R. 45:
111st Congress

Blair Holt's Firearm Licensing and Record of Sale Act of 2009

Bill Summary:

1/6/2009--Introduced.
Blair Holt's Firearm Licensing and Record of Sale Act of 2009 - Amends the Brady Handgun Violence Prevention Act to prohibit a person from possessing a firearm unless that person has been issued a firearm license under this Act or a state system certified under this Act and such license has not been invalidated or revoked. Prescribes license application, issuance, and renewal requirements.
Prohibits transferring or receiving a qualifying firearm unless the recipient presents a valid firearms license, the license is verified, and the dealer records a tracking authorization number. Prescribes firearms transfer reporting and record keeping requirements. Directs the Attorney General to establish and maintain a federal record of sale system.
Prohibits: (1) transferring a firearm to any person other than a licensee, unless the transfer is processed through a licensed dealer in accordance with national instant criminal background check system requirements, with exceptions; (2) a licensed manufacturer or dealer from failing to comply with reporting and record keeping requirements of this Act; (3) failing to report the loss or theft of the firearm to the Attorney General within 72 hours; (4) failing to report to the Attorney General an address change within 60 days; or (5) keeping a loaded firearm, or an unloaded firearm and ammunition for the firearm, knowingly or recklessly disregarding the risk that a child is capable of gaining access, if a child uses the firearm and causes death or serious bodily injury.
Prescribes criminal penalties for violations of firearms provisions covered by this Act.
Directs the Attorney General to:
(1) establish and maintain a firearm injury information clearinghouse;
(2) conduct continuing studies and investigations of firearm-related deaths and injuries; and
(3) collect and maintain current production and sales figures of each licensed manufacturer.
Authorizes the Attorney General to certify state firearm licensing or record of sale systems.

Link to full text:

http://www.govtrack.us/congress/billtext.xpd?bill=h111-45

Nashoba54

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
This is a "What/If" scenario, I am not advocating anything here. Everyone, of course, should obey the law.

If something like HR 45 did pass both Houses of Congress and was signed by BHO into law, the Fed's would have several HUGE problems:

1) Many Federal agents, military and local LEO's would refuse to enforce it as an unjust law.
2) The remaining agents would face a major disparity of force issue. Like maybe 5,000 to 1 odds.
3) Enaction of such a law would greatly help to spur Secessionist movements all over the country.

What does everyone else think?

Roadking Larry

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Secret bunker in an undisclosed location.
This is a "What/If" scenario, I am not advocating anything here. Everyone, of course, should obey the law.

If something like HR 45 did pass both Houses of Congress and was signed by BHO into law, the Fed's would have several HUGE problems:

1) Many Federal agents, military and local LEO's would refuse to enforce it as an unjust law.
2) The remaining agents would face a major disparity of force issue. Like maybe 5,000 to 1 odds.
3) Enaction of such a law would greatly help to spur Secessionist movements all over the country.

What does everyone else think?

Actually I think the majority of gun owners would just roll over and give them up, then go look to see when the next episode of American Idol or Survivor is on.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I think a lot of them would just fail to follow the commands of their leaders. Most of them wouldn't be concientious objectors, but merely too lazy to do it. After all, there are millions who couldn't be bothered to prepare for the analog to digital conversion, and that's to make sure they can still watch TV!

Latest posts

Top Bottom