HR 45 Do you want to register all your guns with the Fed?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ConstitutionCowboy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Here is something that came off of Guntalk about H.R. 45

http://www.guntalk.com/site101.php

DON'T WASTE AMMO!

In addition to thinking he was irresponsible, what would you think of a hunter who shoots at every movement, every sound, gets rattled at the slightest suggestion that something is going on? You'd think he was wasteful, at the least, and at the worst, just plain dangerous.

That's what I'm seeing right now with gun owners and their reaction to all the emails pounding in-boxes. Yes, yes, yes, I've seen HR 45, the terrible bill that would take away guns, register your chickens, and require cats and dogs to live together (with apologies to Bill Murray). Please take a deep breath.

Millions of emails have been traded on this, and it's largely wasted effort. This bill is not going anywhere. I repeat, this bill is DOA.

Stop forwarding emails about it to everyone, please. Every year there are many terrible gun control bills introduced which don't go anywhere. This is another one. While it's great that so many people are getting worked up about this -- it shows there is much passion for gun rights -- we also are wasting our "ammo" on a target which is no more than smoke.

What's the problem with sounding the alarm? You can motivate people to action only so many times before they think you are crying wolf. There are certainly going to be some nasty fights to protect gun rights, but this is not one of them. Let's keep our powder dry, saving it for threats which have a better chance of succeeding.

This bill has gone nowhere because of all the "ammo" thrown at it and other bills like it. Shut your mouth at the risk of new, more infringing bills.

Woody

flash

New to the site!
Reaction score
As an avid hunter, I'm ashamed i haven't heard of this outragous bill and I don't think alot of others who only use their arms for hunting have. Can anyone tell me the current status of this bill ? I'll be calling my reps today and giving them an earfull! This is the USA not england and couldn't care less what other countries do. I have a friend from england who lives here and is an avid bird hunter. he told me it is almost impossible and quite expensive just to get a license for a shotgun to hunt birds with at home. There are good reasons we (our decendents) left that country and the 2nd ammendment is at the top of the list as far as I am concerned.

Roadking Larry

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Secret bunker in an undisclosed location.
Flash, the bill is stalled in committee and is likely dead, for now. It is one of those that while not an immediate threat still bears watching for any signs of serious life. By all means write your legislators and urge them to oppose this bill if it comes before them. There is never a wrong time to politley and calmly contact your elected representatives and inform them of your legislative preferences.

Oh, and welcome to OSA.

arenathlete

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This is the part that ought to concern us::

TITLE VIII--INAPPLICABILITYCommentsClose CommentsPermalink

SEC. 801. INAPPLICABILITY TO GOVERNMENTAL AUTHORITIES.

This Act and the amendments made by this Act shall not apply to any department or agency of the United States, of a State, or of a political subdivision of a State, or to any official conduct of any officer or employee of such a department or agency

TunnelRat

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Sometimes for freedom to be regained when it's been lost and you are unable to work within the system you need a catalyst. And to look like the good guys in the eyes of the people, you need the other side to cause the conflict with a blatant wrongful act that many are opposed to.

I'm not saying we need something where everyone will take up arms and revolt, I'm simply saying such a catalyst might get people out of their computer chairs and off their couches and then congress may act and realize they've stepped across the line drawn in the sand with the 2nd Amendment.

Just my theory on things...

Latest posts

Top Bottom