Humming Bird

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mr ed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You need this!
il_fullxfull.996687268_4olo.jpg

DRC458

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We canNOT seem to attract any hummingbirds, but ...

20180509_161756.jpg
20180509_174943.jpg

This guy has visited several times this afternoon! Who is this confused feathered friend?

DRC458

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

I don't think so, unless it's some sort of variant of the Orioles we normally see around here. This sucker's belly is bright, bright yellow and his back is more brown. Our Orioles normally have more of an 'orange' cast and their backs are darker. The wife thinks it may be a warbler of some sort.

BTW - Thanks for the link. I did look through every one of the pics there, but none of them really seems to match!

Last edited:

OKCHunter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I’ve had my two feeders out for a month; watching diligently in the mornings before work and evenings after work. We saw the first hummer yesterday evening. We just don’t seem to get much hummingbird activity in the backyard of this Edmond suburb house. Hopefully, the activity will pickup. Cardinals, Blue Jays, Thrashers, House Finches, Doves, Brown-headed cowbirds, Juncos, Sparrows, Rabbits, Squirrels and the occasional Woodpecker at the feeder is a different story. The backyard sometimes looks like a zoo.

Latest posts

Top Bottom