i am gonna start lobbying to get our right to own machineguns back!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fredkrueger100

Dream Master
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
what I wanna know is why an m16 costs as much as they do just because it's full auto. What gives? It is virtually the same gun as an ar. Just put a slide fire stock on your ar and you have it made.

n8thegr8

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
what I wanna know is why an m16 costs as much as they do just because it's full auto. What gives? It is virtually the same gun as an ar. Just put a slide fire stock on your ar and you have it made.

Same reason a '69 Camaro SS costs so much, Because of limited supply. The only civilian transferable machine guns are those manufactured and registered prior to 1986. A new select-fire rifle only costs like $100 more than its semi-auto counterpart to LEO/.mil buyers.

Freedom@AnyCost

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
There is actually already a law on the books, which all other laws are subject to, that protects the right of all people to own "machineguns". It reads:

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

In George Orwell's "1984", the population had been conditioned to believe 2+2=5. So to have we been conditioned to believe the very simple sentence above, the whole Constitution for that matter, means something other than what it says.

Here are some interesting quotes:

"We'll know our disinformation program is complete when
everything the American public believes is false."
William Casey, CIA Director (first staff meeting, 1981)

"We are all capable of believing things which we know to be
untrue, and then, when we are finally proved wrong, impudently
twisting the facts so as to show that we were right.
Intellectually, it is possible to carry on this process for an
indefinite time: the only check on it is that sooner or later
a false belief bumps up against solid reality, usually on a
battlefield."
-- George Orwell

"The lie can be maintained only for such time as the State can
shield the people from the political, economic and/or military
consequences of the lie. It thus becomes vitally important for
the State to use all of its powers to repress dissent, for the
truth is the mortal enemy of the lie, and thus by extension,
the truth becomes the greatest enemy of the State."
-- Dr. Joseph M. Goebbels

"The greatest kindness one can render to any man consists
in leading him from error to truth."
-- St. Thomas Aquinas

Raoul Duke

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Somewhere in the stillborn state of Sequoyah
I'd like to see someone with deep pockets sue the Feds to have suppressors removed from the NFA, as many states now allow hunting with suppressors, making them a "in common use of the time" item under the Heller decision.

Just look at how many manufacturers are producing models with threaded barrels and how popular these models are. I'm no lawyer, but it seems to me you'd have a pretty good case.

I hear there are some OSA lawyers out there, what say you?

henschman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't think they're in common enough use for that argument to win in court. Of course the only reason they're not in such common use is because of the hoops the pols make you jump through to get them. I'm sure suppressors would be de rigeur on hunting rifles if it wasn't for the NFA. The benefits are undeniable. The state of the art would have likely increased to the point that integrally suppressed barrels would be hardly any more weight than standard barrels.

tulsamal

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Illustrate how the feds could make gobs of money by allowing them again and you may then have something.

This is the problem with really big numbers. At some point we can't really visualize them in our heads and they just become abstract. "Really big."

The 2012 US Federal Budget exceeded 3.5 TRILLION dollars. Most of us dream of a million dollars. Takes a thousand million to make one billion. Then takes one thousand of those billions to make one trillion. The US gov't is spending over 3.5 of those trillions every year. (And don't even get me started on the 16.8 Trillion dollars worth of debt now piled up.)

My point is that something that is a lot of money to us is literally not worth noticing in comparison to the budget. Let's try a crazy number just for fun. Let's say there are 100,000 people a year willing to pony up $10,000 each for a tax stamp so they can own a new FA. That's a nice round one billion dollars. If your budget is 3,500 billion dollars.... do you care? Enough to change your policy position on guns or civilian ownership of machine guns? I don't think so. Nobody cares about .028 % of the budget.

The size of the government, the sheer volume of money they spend every year, is truly mind boggling. And every time I think it can't get worse, it does. When I was teaching at OU, I made my US Gov't students learn the numbers. So they could tell you about the size of the deficit and the debt. But back then, the "insurmountably large US debt" was right at 4 Trillion dollars. I used to really rave about it. It offended my sensibilities. And now it is literally FOUR TIMES that amount. With no end in sight. When you can issue yourself new credit cards every time you max out the old ones, it's hard to stop charging more and more money. IMO... the only reason we are getting away with it right now is the low interest rates. So the payments on the debt aren't nearly as high as you would expect. If interest rates just go up to a "normal" level, our payments on the interest on the debt is going to gobble up the budget. And the screaming will begin. And the finger pointing.

G

elance

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
just think how great it would be as an individual to go down the street and purchase a select fire current production small arm (U.S. or imported)!!! i wont get into what should the new law say etc, i just want the capability back without spending $3-33k.

anyone try their hand at it? i am gonna start with the local pro gun state reps (some of em were at cold hand arms grand opening and were allegedly receptive).

just tell me where to sign 110%

elance

Latest posts

Top Bottom