I didn’t know banks were closed tomorrow for Juneteenth 🤷‍♂️

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fredkrueger100

Dream Master
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I’m all for the slaves being freed. But, they already get a whole dang month to celebrate. Now they get a national holiday too. I want to know when us Indians are gonna get a national holiday for all the crap “we” have been through?? I mean dang it, I’m tired of living in this racist and oppressive country and not getting what is due.

Dumpstick

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Funny. Everyone is taught that old Abe freed the slaves.

The Emancipation Proclamation only applied to the territory controlled by the Union Army on that day. Which was pretty much where slavery was already outlawed.

It didn't (and couldn't) apply to territory controlled by the CSA.

Further, when more territory was conquered by the Union Army, the EP did not apply.

The EP should be read by everyone, but no one bothers.

I mean, the teachers wouldn't teach something that isn't true, would they?

jmike314

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

The Emancipation Proclamation only applied to the territory controlled by the Union Army on that day. Which was pretty much where slavery was already outlawed.

Further, when more territory was conquered by the Union Army, the EP did not apply.

Maybe you should read it.
Pretty sure you've got it wrong.

Slim Deal

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

My JR High History teacher taught us that Lincoln freed the slaves where he couldn't and didn't free the slaves where he could.

Letfreedomring

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I will just celebrate it as a 3 day weekend for Fathers Day.
215999123_4240382399338121_6082701814030351315_n.jpg

Fredkrueger100

Dream Master
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Watch out, your gonna get called a racist! We can’t have any truth being said round here.

BobbyV

Are you serious?
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I’m all for the slaves being freed. But, they already get a whole dang month to celebrate. Now they get a national holiday too. I want to know when us Indians are gonna get a national holiday for all the crap “we” have been through?? I mean dang it, I’m tired of living in this racist and oppressive country and not getting what is due.
We've got a month too . . . November has been Native American Heritage Month for years and many tribes have deemed Columbus Day "Indigenous Peoples Day".

ttown

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I get tired of these Heinz 57 people claiming there this and that. My last GF was Cherokee she was poor and didn’t worry about sports teams names and such really, or any of her family as he was a preacher and loved to fish and enjoyed life, 15 years and I really never heard this activists crap.

I could be wrong but in my experience theres the medias BS and real people being played.

Warning your experience may very, especially in bat crap cities like NY and Chicago 😡

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom