I didn't expect them all to live....

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

amcardon

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Any recommendations on where to pick up tomato plants that are heat tolerant? We tried about 12 varieties last year and none did a dang thing but get huge but never set any fruit...

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Any recommendations on where to pick up tomato plants that are heat tolerant? We tried about 12 varieties last year and none did a dang thing but get huge but never set any fruit...

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

It probably wasn't heat, if your plants grew big and healthy looking.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Big and healthy looking, just would not set fruit.
My folks had tomato plants do that once, when my dad planted a couple of extras in the flower bed behind the retaining wall out back of the house. The plants got pretty big, but the trees just cast too much shade on them, so they never produced.

subprep

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We lost our large Rosemary Plant as well this winter. I even kept it watered. Just too many harsh days for it. It has lived now for over 6 years keeping the Thyme warm, the Thyme lived this year as it has for a couple years, I guess the Rosemary just got to Cold or maybe even to old to make it another year!

On them Tomato plants, we have had luck weaving them in and out a section of hog panel and letting them grow sideways.

yep thats how mine looks, I also have thyme next to it, I think it will survive but the rosemary just looks pitiful. Im going to try cutting it back and seeing if that results in anything. Its not like I can hurt it any more.

Latest posts

Top Bottom