I don't think ...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Forgalspop

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I know several preppers that are fairly close to our place in New Mexico. They are not totally crazy. Perhaps a little on the eccentric side, but so am I. Guess what, they are not all lily white folk.

The two who make these YouTube videos are distant neighbors. My wife and I have broke bread together at their place and they at ours. They are a black couple who lived in Detroit and had successful professional lives and decided to go live off the grid. They are building a house out of shipping containers. They have put a great deal of work into their place in New Mexico.

If a person would do a search on YouTube, one would find there a fair number of black preppers.

twiceassigned

Marksman
Reaction score
I admit skimmin the article and skipping large swaths, but… I obviously missed the things that make you mad. The parts I got were reasonable: more resilient communities of people who are prepared together and actually not only talk with one another, but get along ok will last longer in an emergency and be less vulnerable to the civil strife we worry about.
It’s the old SERE thing: if you want to go fast, go alone. If you want to go far, go together.
So she figures she needed to build the team ahead of time to go “far” in time. It’d work better with everybody gardening a ton, too.
That doesn’t mean here’s no room for us with our guns, but it does reduce the chances we will need them. Sounds like a win to me.

Last edited:

KOPBET

Duck of Death
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
A lot off-subject, but when someone says, "I don't think..." is that improper? Shouldn't it be, "I think, ..." As in "I don't think Biden is the right one for president" vs "I think Biden is not the right one for president." I've often wondered about that, which is correct english as I sort of see things either black or white or right or wrong-no in between. An English teacher would know.

"I don't believe..."

Latest posts

Top Bottom