I got a fever.......

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WNM

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
And the only prescription is going to be a lever gun. I'm wanting one in .30-30 and will use it deer hunting. I like the looks and the price of a Marlin 336. I've never shot a lever gun in my life, got any other recommendations?

eby42

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That and the Winchester Model 94 pretty much trade blows it seems like. Can't go wrong either way.

I love my 94 AE. I wouldn't mind also having a Marlin in a bigger caliber for the heck of it someday.

DanB

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
hA HA. If you buy a levergun you will be hooked. Its more addictive than crack.

336's are nice and cheap(compared to other similar rifles) .30-30 is relatively mild in the recoil department.

I have two Marlin .30-30s. I would like to track down a .35 Remington chambered 336 but those are harder to come by.

Depending on what you want it for depends on the model you want. Some have nicer walnut stocks others birch. Some cut checkering others pressed or even nonexistent.

Trigger flop is part of the package. Yes its going to flop around unless you put a Wild West Trigger in.

per 84 models don't have the crossbolt safety. I could care less on this option.

All(excluding the much much older models) have a drilled and tapped receiver. Easy to throw glass on top if you so choose. Wait to do this please.

I could probably be persuaded into selling one of mine.

68mustang

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
hA HA. If you buy a levergun you will be hooked. Its more addictive than crack.

336's are nice and cheap(compared to other similar rifles) .30-30 is relatively mild in the recoil department.

I have two Marlin .30-30s. I would like to track down a .35 Remington chambered 336 but those are harder to come by.

Depending on what you want it for depends on the model you want. Some have nicer walnut stocks others birch. Some cut checkering others pressed or even nonexistent.

Trigger flop is part of the package. Yes its going to flop around unless you put a Wild West Trigger in.

per 84 models don't have the crossbolt safety. I could care less on this option.

All(excluding the much much older models) have a drilled and tapped receiver. Easy to throw glass on top if you so choose. Wait to do this please.

I could probably be persuaded into selling one of mine.

How much would you sell one for? I'm looing for a 30-30. I found a Model 94 for 400. Is that a pretty good price? Also, where's the best place to find deals on 30-30 rounds? Sorry for thread hijack!

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
How much would you sell one for? I'm looing for a 30-30. I found a Model 94 for 400. Is that a pretty good price? Also, where's the best place to find deals on 30-30 rounds? Sorry for thread hijack!

I absolutely L-O-V-E my "Centennial" model 94AE. :w000t:

[Broken External Image]
[Broken External Image]
Thanks Riley007!

30-30 ammo can be had for about $16 a box of 20 at Wal-Mart. Of course...I've been stocking up on this stuff too. ;)

asite.glensarmynavystore.com_gunbroker_3030001.jpg

asite.glensarmynavystore.com_gunbroker_3030002.jpg

I bought two boxes from http://www.sportsmansguide.com/net/cb/50-rds-44-40-200-gr-ammo.aspx?a=473671 for about $27 a box, before I found out that my local toy store had some for $25 a box. It's basically the same ammo as the Winchester Super-X you get from Wal-Mart, only it's nickel cased and has a special "Duke" headstamp.

I got some of it because nickel cases don't turn the leather loops green on my cartridge belt and butt cuff.

Latest posts

Top Bottom