I got a fever.......

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MaddSkillz

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
300-500 yards?! :ooh2:

Hell, I can't even see that far! :rolleyes2

Yeah, basically the 30-30 is about a 100 yard gun.

This is true... But the Hornady LE ammo does give it more reach. People are shooting some good groups at 200 yards with it!

And as for leather goes... I'd really like to doozy mine up with some nice leather. I've been looking at the stuff at http://www.levergunleather.com/ and OMG! Some of that stuff is so awesome! I'd love to have the entire western theme goin on. I've got some stuff picked out from there I just need to order it. He does great work based on the pics and the reviews of his work over on the Marlin forums.

MaddSkillz

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I'm wanting one just like yours Madd. No non sense, iron sights and a leather sling. I is jealous.

Cool! You need to get one! Then go to skinnersights.com and get the rear peep and front .450" blade. Then go to levergunleather.com and hook it up with some sweet leather accessories. I'm about to do that for mine!

This thing is a complete blast to shoot and I'm fairly accurate with it! I'm gonna take it to the range again this week and make some fine adjustments to the rear peep. I was getting some good groups at 100 yards but I think I can do better... Just takes some tuning and getting to know the gun more, which means shooting it more.

I'd also like to play around with different aperture sizes... I'm currently shooting the standard size but think I could drop it down which would help my accuracy even more. They're only $10 for each one so I'm gonna get a couple and see what happens.

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This is true... But the Hornady LE ammo does give it more reach. People are shooting some good groups at 200 yards with it!

And as for leather goes... I'd really like to doozy mine up with some nice leather. I've been looking at the stuff at http://www.levergunleather.com/ and OMG! Some of that stuff is so awesome! I'd love to have the entire western theme goin on. I've got some stuff picked out from there I just need to order it. He does great work based on the pics and the reviews of his work over on the Marlin forums.

Yeah, but his work takes FOREVER! :faint:

Give my man Andy Langlois at www.shottist.com an email. :thumb:

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This thing is a complete blast to shoot and I'm fairly accurate with it! I'm gonna take it to the range again this week and make some fine adjustments to the rear peep. I was getting some good groups at 100 yards but I think I can do better... Just takes some tuning and getting to know the gun more, which means shooting it more.

Love the peep...I put a tang mounted one on mine and good 100 yard groups, like you said, are pretty easy to come by.

MaddSkillz

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Yeah, but his work takes FOREVER! :faint:

Give my man Andy Langlois at www.shottist.com an email. :thumb:

This is so true! I spoke to him last year around this time and it was even worse due to the holidays and I was like, "3 months?!" WTF! Haha

So I never placed that order... I should have because I'd have it all by now! haha

I'll check out the link you posted and see what's up.

MaddSkillz

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Love the peep...I put a tang mounted one on mine and good 100 yard groups, like you said, are pretty easy to come by.

Yeah, those tang peeps are really cool as well. I'm so surprised at how much more accurate the peep makes these guns.

I just ordered a .070" aperture to try out... My current aperture is .096" and it's still pretty big... There's still a lot of room to miss-align the blade... at least to me. So I think this new aperture should help... As long as it's still big enough to see the target clearly and many hunters believe it is... For $10 I figure what the heck. It'll be worth that to plink around with it and see how it does. I love shooting this thing!

MyMonkey

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I am on my third Lever gun. My first, and the one that got me hooked was the Puma 92 by Rossi in .45 Colt. Purdy...

Next was a Savage Model 99 in 300 Savage from 1927 I think. This thing is a shooter. Both seen here.
aimg.photobucket.com_albums_v247_MyMonkey_018_2.jpg

Just picked up a Marlin 336 in 3030 from Dan yesterday. Can't wait to take it out and for a spin. :) Beauty!

My only problem thus far is the fact that I can't seem to make iron sights work on these. Just can't see the sights and target for some reason. My eyes are not that bad, at least I thought they were not. I do wear contacts in a -3 power but I can fire handguns all day. Not sure why the trouble with long guns. Never used to be that way.

I will either have to find a way to mount a scope on that puma or sell it. DOH!

Latest posts

Top Bottom