I Guess Ex-Cops And Vets Are On The Fritz With This Administration

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OKNewshawk

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We have AF guys on OSA that are good folks.

That broad brush thing goes both ways...
:drunk2:
Those of us who have been in the military know well and enjoy the interservice rivalry. I always say about it that we fight amongst ourselfs so that, when the real enemy comes along, we'll be in top shape to take them on.

OKNewshawk

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The Army says let's call in these F-4's that are on station to drop some napalm and HE to eliminate that machine gun nest before assaulting the position.
The Navy sits offshore to shell those that are wanting to kill Americans and bring in Marines to attack machine gun nests.
Actually, in today's Navy, they'd send in Tomahawk/Harpoon cruise missiles and FA-18s/F-35s instead of fire from guns.

Mos Eisley

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Actually, in today's Navy, they'd send in Tomahawk/Harpoon cruise missiles and FA-18s/F-35s instead of fire from guns.

Was the Missouri the last to fire the big ones?
during the campaign...) [/URL]
[/URL]

Not being a squid myself, I still would have loved to walk her storied decks or been around for one of those shots down range.

BillPenn

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
How did this devolve into a USAF vs. ARMY/NAVY/MARINE thing?
Signed,
Butt Hurt USAF Combat Vet

What about SPACE FORCE? Are they gonna be the new whipping dog?

While the ribbing between services is all in fun. Never assume what someone else has been thru. We had Air Force FO's right there with us on the front line during the gulf war.

n2soonerz

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Airforce ain't nothin' but a taxi service to get the warriors where they need to go. A second rate one at that, the Navy is definitely top notch when it comes to dragging leathernecks around the globe.
Hey brother Easy on the USAF. I'm proud of my service and the great people who served with me, irregardless of political affiliation.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Last estimates I saw on the veteran side ranged around 20M with sources from the VA, DoD and others all being +/- on the topic. An example there is:
https://www.statista.com/topics/3450/veterans-in-the-united-states/

On the LEO side, most numbers hover around 700k active, without a whole lot of statistics on total former. But heck, let's give a 20x margin and say that it's 20M as well.
https://www.statista.com/statistics/191694/number-of-law-enforcement-officers-in-the-us/

That'd combine to 40 million in the US, which I think rounds up generously to be on the safe side. The population of the US, depending on results of the census, is estimated around 330 millon, with some margin depending on the source of estimation. So even on the vastly overestimated high side, that gives us a total current/former estimate of around 12% of the US population whereas the early numbers are suggesting that 20-25% of the people at the Capitol were current/former LEO's with estimates varying at publish date as new data continues to come in.
https://thehill.com/policy/defense/...charged-in-capitol-riot-have-military-history

The numbers in that last article, for reference, cite the percentages as 7% and 20% for genpop versus the 6th.

Interesting that the last article refers to the
Last estimates I saw on the veteran side ranged around 20M with sources from the VA, DoD and others all being +/- on the topic. An example there is:
https://www.statista.com/topics/3450/veterans-in-the-united-states/

On the LEO side, most numbers hover around 700k active, without a whole lot of statistics on total former. But heck, let's give a 20x margin and say that it's 20M as well.
https://www.statista.com/statistics/191694/number-of-law-enforcement-officers-in-the-us/

That'd combine to 40 million in the US, which I think rounds up generously to be on the safe side. The population of the US, depending on results of the census, is estimated around 330 millon, with some margin depending on the source of estimation. So even on the vastly overestimated high side, that gives us a total current/former estimate of around 12% of the US population whereas the early numbers are suggesting that 20-25% of the people at the Capitol were current/former LEO's with estimates varying at publish date as new data continues to come in.
https://thehill.com/policy/defense/...charged-in-capitol-riot-have-military-history

The numbers in that last article, for reference, cite the percentages as 7% and 20% for genpop versus the 6th.

Your statement in bold infers that 20 to 25% of the people at the capitol were current/former LEO's. On the other hand, your last article referred to that percentage being of those that were arrested. Thus, your inference of "people at the capitol" may depend on whether your reference was to Washington, D.C. as a whole as "the capitol" or as to those at the capitol building. I think that the arrests were primarily, and perhaps overwhelmingly, of those at the building. On the other hand, there were far more NOT at the capitol building, and your statement tends to "paint them" with a broad brush.

Rez Exelon

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Interesting that the last article refers to the

Your statement in bold infers that 20 to 25% of the people at the capitol were current/former LEO's. On the other hand, your last article referred to that percentage being of those that were arrested. Thus, your inference of "people at the capitol" may depend on whether your reference was to Washington, D.C. as a whole as "the capitol" or as to those at the capitol building. I think that the arrests were primarily, and perhaps overwhelmingly, of those at the building. On the other hand, there were far more NOT at the capitol building, and your statement tends to "paint them" with a broad brush.
That is a fair criticism and I'll stand corrected on that point --- I should have been more careful with phrasing there.

To the best of my knowledge there's not really any hard data for the rest of the crowd, unless the Parler data breech was analyzed, but that'd be way outside the scope of the point here. It might be possible to try and extract some connections between the crowd as a whole and the ones that made it in the building but that would definitely have lots of problems associated with it.

Latest posts

Top Bottom