I hate road hunters!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

AllOut

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Lol
Preaching to the choir brother
I've spent the last 5 days watching a few different vehicles circle my lease. Watched a white ford circle this morning, started right after sun up and he made 6 rounds in an hour or so. I stand up in my tower and throw my hands up at them but they don't seem to give a chit. I also had a guy try to come steal hay of my lease two days in a row, he saw my truck and left. Talk to my land owner about all of it and he said to start putting holes in trucks! He was dead serious too, said if I do he'd pay my lawyer fees LOL

doctorjj

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
A friend of mine said he saw a monster this morning on his wheat field. The deer was fairly close to the road but about 300 yards from him. He was trying get a good gauge on the distance and decide if he could make the shot. A truck pulled along the road, stopped and a guy got out. My friend fired a round right over the dude's truck. He obviously got back in and hauled butt. I was like wow, I can't believe you did that. And he said he wasn't going to let that deer die like that. A little extreme for me, but I bet the word is out among poachers and that property. LOL!

TwoForFlinching

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Every truck that circles my place more than once, stops or slows way down etc gets my cross hairs on it's door. I've yet to have to do it but if I know your about to or do shoot.... You'll get a nice hole in your door.

Battery charges pending... Felony, unless on your property

r00s7a

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Man I understand the frustrations. There is not much worse in my book. BUT... Go back to your basic rules of safety. Don't ever point a loaded weapon at or near another person! Bastards deserve two to the chest and one to the head, but it ain't worth it over a stupid deer. You don't know for sure what these guys are up to. I've been called in to the game warden more than once for creeping down backroads. I'm not rolling with a rifle hanging out the window, just creeping because I love to watch wildlife. If I'm not in the stand, I'm probably going 5 mph down a backroad with binocs in hand just wanting to look at something. You just never know what someone's intentions are, so be careful. And for God's sake, don't be firing over their truck! Again, they deserve two to the chest and one to the head, but it ain't worth even pointing a firearm in their direction.

AllOut

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Battery charges pending... Felony, unless on your property

It's only battery if you touch someone, "assault" is what it would be.
But honestly I couldn't care less about these guys, plus it would be a little tough to prove I was pointing a gun at them unless I actully shot and unless I actually hit them prove I was shooting at them. Like I said, until they shoot my finger stays off the trigger. What's a poacher gonna do? Run to the cops and say "I was gettin out of my truck to go get this deer I just shot illegally from the road and the guys who's property I was trespassing on shot at me"!!!
As far as safety goes, out west in a tower stand I usually don't keep a round in the chamber. Its open enough country I have plenty of time to load one before the deer gets in range.
I also understand guys just driving around sight seeing, but it's real obvious when the same guys/trucks show up two or three days in a row and make numerous passes stopping and waiting around the areas deer usually hang out on property. It's pretty obvious the intentions...

AllOut

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Saying a deer isn't worth it...
How about me working my arse off to pay for this stuff, hours and hours or travel, putting numerous hours working on the property and countless hours in the stand waiting for that one buck. Just to have some jacka$$ who has done nothing come and try and take everything I have worked all year for. To me it's the same as breaking into my house and taking my stuff and I will protect it by any means I have to!
It's not just a deer they are stealing and its not just me they are taking it from.

handlebar

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I feel the same about property line fence hunters. Setting on the fence waiting for a deer to jump or come close to it really burns me up. Its pretty chicken chit, to profit off your neighbors hard work. I'm done with it.

sleeperx4

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I feel the same about property line fence hunters. Setting on the fence waiting for a deer to jump or come close to it really burns me up. Its pretty chicken chit, to profit off your neighbors hard work. I'm done with it.

Not to be argumentative, but this is no where near as bad as road hunters.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom