I have a friend who needs a good home ...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
OK, guys ... As some of you know I adopted two GSDs late last year. They have always been together in the same home (she is 6 years old, he is 3 years old) and were hyperbonded. I've done my best to give them both a home here and work on their training, however, the male has some fear aggression issues. He and I have come to an impasse because the female is so bonded to him that I cannot separate them and train them individually. As long as Ginger knows Eagle is "out there" somewhere she is beside herself and will destroy any number of obstacles trying to get to him.

I've spoken with Susanne at the kennel I got these guys from (same place I've gotten all my GSDs ... Several other members here also have dogs from her kennel) and she has given me permission to try to locate a home for Ginger.

The bad news first:

She is an escape ar-teest extra-ordinare. :grumble: I have not found a crate nor a kennel that will hold her.

Apparently her tendency to hyper-bond is not limited to Eagle because she has become increasingly attached to me.

She likes to run the fence if there is another dog to "entertain" her. No squirrel is safe! LOL

She sheds like there is no tomorrow ... literally ... she has the softest coat of any GSD I have ever touched but that is a double-edged sword because her undercoat is extremely fine and dense. You will have to brush her daily ...

NO CATS!! I've never seen her hurt a cat (and she's caught several) but the thrill of the chase :w000t: is just too much for her to bear -- she WILL yank you off your feet! She is stubborn (but really, what GSD isn't??) ...

The good news:

She is okay in a fenced backyard but if you leave her outside by herself she will hang around the door until you come back. Very rarely has she ever gone into the backyard and "hung out" like most dogs do. She does not dig ... At least not for me, she doesn't.

She is GREAT with kids (she is so fond of being brushed that she will lay and let a kid brush her FOREVER!) and other dogs ... She LOVES car rides. I think she would play with toys if she had the chance but Eagle is INSANE about the toys. She will occasionally pick one up but he snatches it from her instantly. :nono1:I make him give it back but by then she's just like "whatever" ... :coffee2:

She is extremely food driven. You have a treat?? She will move heaven and earth to make you happy ... :hey3:

She's pretty laid-back overall. Not nearly as active as he is ... A nice "mature" dog, GC says ... :hey3:

She is obedience trained, pretty good on a leash and gets along with all the neighbors around here. Her shots are up-to-date, as well as her heartworm medication (she is on Trifexis), her hips are good, she is spayed and she is in good health overall ...

The neutral info, but you need to know:

She is sable in color.

Her prey drive is pretty high so I'm thinking the typical "farm life" would not be for her. She'll wind up shot for running cattle, horses, chickens ... basically whatever will run from her ...

She is not microchipped.

I have never taken her to a play park because I can't take Eagle to a play park. I can't work with Eagle on his fears because I can't separate the two of them to get anything done but he's never gonna get over his problems if I can't get him around other dogs by himself to de-sensitize him ... see my problem?? :drooling:

As long as she is entertained (someone else to take her mind off Eagle -- like SHE'S the one getting to go in the car and not him, SHE'S the one getting to go out in the front, not him, she seems to be fine (typical GURL! :uhh::rollingla) so at this point it seems like the best thing for both of them is to be separated permanently. Her anxiety level will drop off and he will get the extra attention and training he needs to learn to not be fearful ...

Sssssssssoooooooooooooooo ...

Here's the deal ... She needs a home but I'm not gonna give her to the first person who hollers "I'll take her" ... I gotta know you are gonna take care of her and love her like I do ... So ... If you want to "run the gauntlet" as GC calls it, shoot me a PM. People I know personally on here will get preferential treatment, so no whining. If you feel so inclined you can just leave negative feedback for me. I could give a ****. What I'm after is a good home for a good dog.

ETA: BTW, guys, the reason she is finding another home and not him is he has fear aggression issues with both kids and other dogs. I would not feel right giving him to someone who did not have the training or experience to deal with him. He has the potential to be a really great dog, like his sister, but as long as they are together, he's not gonna "get over the hump" so ...

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom