I have found my new hangout...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WhiteyMacD

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Been frequenting Sean Cummings Pub on May. Anyone wanting to hang with an Mick like myself, come by on a weekend. Im not hard to find in a crowd.

WhiteyMacD

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yeah, I like it. Wish we had a place like Kilkenneys here, but Sean Cummings will suffice. Last Friday they had "As the Crow Flies" playing live traditional music. Quite the experience, whether your Irish/Scot/Welsh or not.

I fell in love with the place when a total stranger and I struck up a conversation about whiskeys. What we thought were good, what we didnt care for.

Thats what pubs are for, socializing. Not just drinking.

WTJ

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
No band the night I was there, but it does seem to be that kind of place. I will sample their Irish whiskey selection the next time I visit. It was an lager kind o' night last visit.

WhiteyMacD

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
No band the night I was there, but it does seem to be that kind of place. I will sample their Irish whiskey selection the next time I visit. It was an lager kind o' night last visit.

Right on. Keep an eye out for a guy in a scally cap and beard. Introduce yourself and sit down for some beer or whiskey and conversation.

J.P.

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thats what pubs are for, socializing. Not just drinking.

Ohhhhh....I see.

I mean, because for the longest time I thought they were just places where college students go and try to "out Irish" each other.....grown men arguing and bowing up to one another in (usually mangled) efforts to:

a) Prove that they are in fact MORE Irish than the next guy.
b) Discredit or otherwise become dismissive of the next guy's degree of Irish roots.

I've witnessed it all too many times.......

Jeez.....the first time I visited Kilkenny's the waitress asked for my drink order and I requested that she bring me "a pint".

Her reply: "A pint of what?"

:slap:

So anyway she brings my pint of Guinness over to the table and places .....

.....wait for it......

.......a Newcastle Brown Ale coaster under it.

:disappoin

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Not a drinker here, so I'd be more interested in certain - ah, female aspects - of the scenery ;) How's this place in that regard?

cjjtulsa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So anyway she brings my pint of Guinness over to the table and places a.....wait for it......Newcastle Brown Ale coaster under it.
:headshake:

:faint:

Hey - don't badmouth Newcastle; must be the English part of my roots overtaking the Irish parts, but I likes me some Newcastle.

Latest posts

Top Bottom