I have questions

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sanjuro893

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'd bet you'd be surprised at how many disaffected people would want to give that a try. I'm going to sound really nuts here, put I believe communism is like a cross between religion and cancer. It presents people with a idealized version of life that is diametrically opposed to human nature. The true reality of living under that system is not equality for all, it's oppression for all.

Holy crap on a cracker, J.B. that's the best observation I've ever heard come out of your mouth and I couldn't agree with you more.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was going to make a really "spiffy" comment, but the original poster seems to have taken his marbles and gone home. Too bad, because if he truly was interested in an honest debate, his comments didn't seem to serious once he got serious answers.

But, alas.......unless he comes back, provided he really isn't a troll or someone just stirring the pot, I'd really like to engage him about both firearms and religion.

So, now I feel inadequate. Maybe it's because I don't have any 30 round magazines. Shoot, I don't even have any 20 round magazines for my AR-10. Perhaps I need to remedy that so I don't feel inadequate.

Oh, and if you do happen to check back, Get Serious, an AR-10 is a similar rifle but in 308 caliber instead of 223. If needs be, I can use it to hunt for food, or I can use it to protect myself and my family. Shoot, I'll even use it to protect you. Now, you can ask yourself one more question for me.....

.....if 20,000 gun laws in this country, counting federal, state and all the municipal entities combined, can't stop crimes like that in Connecticut, how is one more going to help? Do you remember Columbine in Colorado? Well, there was an "assault weapon" gun ban in effect at that time and it didn't stop a thing.

Lastly, God bless you because you sound like you are in need.

jacque1282

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
All right everyone, calm down, let's have a polite and honest discussion with this person who asked nicely. Obviously this person is not familiar with firearms and now is a great time to answer the questions in an intelligent manner.

One of the reasons is that some of us who live way out in the country do not have the luxury of a policeman 50 ft from our location at any given time. I've called the county sheriff and sometimes 1-2hrs is a fast response. So for the protection of my family, I want the best. I have a 4 yr old granddaughter and I will not take chances with her safety! There are bad people out there, city & country, and it is up to us to protect ourselves as has been show several times in the recent past on TV. We take the responsibility of our protection very seriously.

Also, my family raised cattle, and I carry a 30rnd magazine in my AR for the purpose of protecting my cattle from coyotes. Have you ever see a pack of 10-15 coyotes or wild dogs (dumped by city folk that don't/won't take care of them, so out to the country they come to dump their unwanted dogs.) attack a birthing cow. It's not pretty and being able to get more rounds on target is less of them to come back the next night.

And lastly, please realize that the legal gun owners of America share your grief at what happened to those poor children and any victim of violence. But please rest assured that despite what the media is putting out there lately, not all owners of firearms are blood thirsty goons just waiting to shoot someone. I've been in the military since 1978 and thank God I have never had to point a weapon at another human being, and I hope I never do. But I will not cower in a corner of my house and watch unspeakable acts be done to my family while I wait for law enforcement personnel arrive who knows when. I want and will be as armed as the attackers plan to be, in fact I want to have the advantage.

I would ask that if you are seriously wanting answers, not just throwing out hateful comments, please reply and lets discuss this situation. Maybe if folks could calmly sit down and do this, we could come up with answers that would satisfy both sides.

Well said!

JonDough

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It was probably some media reporter...now he'll say "He talked to gun enthusiasts and they said............".

They would probably SELL their kids to save the snail darter lizard or some goofy crap like that.

Latest posts

Top Bottom