Thinking about what was normal growing up.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Things will either get a lot more screwed up or society will have a hard reset. Kind of interesting on X to see young Black women wanting to go back to the standards of the 1940s as far as family and dress goes. Also a lot of gay people want sex to go back to being nobody else business unless it interferes with others.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm a technology freak. Embrace it all.
The bill will not actually exist on paper. It will be virtual like all paperwork that no longer exists.
Keeping government out of your business will no longer exist either.

Most all of your comment I can agree with, however, that in bold may be questionable. I can still remember the phrase that "computers will do away with paper." Personally, I think it still generates a lot of paper, especially so when one considers how the legislatures and Congress love to have multi-page bills to "not read," but then vote on.

NorthFan

Marksman
Reaction score
One thing for certain is most people will have neck and wrist problems from constantly staring at their phones. Just look around when you’re out and about. Everyone is on their phones. I’m a gadget guy too and love technology but it definitely has caused us to spend less time on actual face to face conversation

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
Living in rural Oklahoma, we were way behind the progress of cities back in my childhood. I'm still mad at our county commissioner for oiling and chipping our roads. Just made it better for the liberals to move in.
That's funny. I was at a doctor's office yesterday and ran into our old county clerk from Kingfisher.
We reminisced about the dirty county commissioners of the '70s and '80s who all had blacktop roads from town to their homes in the county. We both agreed they thought they had power beyond belief until they met the county attorney and district DA. They all believed that the perks they received were just par for the course as it has been for decades before they were elected into office.

We moved back to the farm briefly in 2004 and the farm roads were just as bad as they were in the '50s and '60s. After a rain, you jumped into a deep rut and floored it to get from one intersection to another. If you had to turn, you cranked the wheels at least 100 feet from your driveway to break the rut's walls, backed up, and tried again. Eventually, you would be able to turn into your drive.

T. MIKE SMITH

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I get all mixed up on this stuff- born in 1955 to old fashion depression era parents. Next to the last of 7 kids- dad was 32-year retired Army- mom was nurse. Southern Baptist raised. I loved getting any kind of new stuff, but we had pretty modest income. I was maybe about 4th grade when my mom bought us a stereo for Christmas. My brother was Air Force and stationed in Philippines where they could get cheap electronics. He gave me a cheap little reel to reel tape recorder that I used to record the radio to my mom chewing me and my brother out. Was at my granny's house one time in rural Mississippi. Party line- great place for interesting taping. As I grew up, everything that came along that I could afford, I got- CB radios- guns- microwave. I was just all over the new deal. Got tired of the church - hell/fire/brimstone routine. I thought things needed to relax a little and instead of trying to cram religion up my but- teach me and educate me what the Bible is trying to say and help me relate to it. Man, I didn't see that relax to the absolute rejection of anything moral now days. To the absolute disrespect of God- Flag and Country - to whatever feels good- just do it. I get sick going to a high school football game and see all the disrespect by both kids and their parents. I guess I'm just one of those folks who would like to see something between the dumb rigidness of the 50's-60's-70's and almost wide-open crap we see now.

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Kind of interesting on X to see young Black women wanting to go back to the standards of the 1940s as far as family and dress goes. Also a lot of gay people want sex to go back to being nobody else business unless it interferes with others.

Actually, this is a very good thing. The 40s - 50s saw a black community that was very family oriented, community minded, church involved, low drop out rate, single digit divorce rate and very little goobermint dependence. '68, LBJ fixed it.

Back in closet is an outstanding idea.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Actually, this is a very good thing. The 40s - 50s saw a black community that was very family oriented, community minded, church involved, low drop out rate, single digit divorce rate and very little goobermint dependence. '68, LBJ fixed it.

Back in closet is an outstanding idea.
I agree it is a good thing, I just find it interesting how the backlash is slowly growing.

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I agree it is a good thing, I just find it interesting how the backlash is slowly growing.
The Awakening

Seeing 60 years of slow destruction and being told the same crap, a few finally quit listening and LOOK at what is happening. I hope the rest of the moronic Dumbs wake up before the Nation no longer exists. I'm not feeling positive.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Most all of your comment I can agree with, however, that in bold may be questionable. I can still remember the phrase that "computers will do away with paper." Personally, I think it still generates a lot of paper, especially so when one considers how the legislatures and Congress love to have multi-page bills to "not read," but then vote on.
There are restaurants right now where you can go in, order from a "kiosk" at the booth or table, then pay for your meal on said kiosk with your smartwatch, never having to so much as pull out your wallet.

Latest posts

Top Bottom