I just may be tempted.....

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Always remember.

If this 1911 is a CARRY gun and you have to use it in an actual armed encounter, what are those grips gonna say about you?

I recently stood in on a Murder 1 jury trial. The guy shot the victim with a sawed off (about 11-12 inches) .410 shotgun. The gun itself wasn't what was intimidating looking. The fact that he had "Terminator" etched into the stock made it "more lethal" in the jury's eyes.

True story.

YMMV, of course.

I could see that. Good advice!

penman53

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
There are lots of grip options for the 1911 pistol. Why would you want to have a pair of grips for the range and then change them for carry use? If you are practicing with your 1911, then practice with rig that you will be carrying. Personally I think these grips are immature and frankly "childish" looking and represent a mind set about gun ownership that sheds a negative light on gun ownership. Just my opinion.

Last but not least, if your tempted, fight the feeling.

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
IMHO the 1911 is a classic design such as the Smith & Wesson revolver. The only grips that those two types of weapons should ever wear is natural material - wood, ivory or stag.

Rubber may be used, but only on all stainless steel guns.

Blue steel requires wood, ivory or stag.

And leather. No kydex please! :nono1:

But...what in the hell do I know. :ugh2: I'm just a goofy old man. :rolleyes2

Latest posts

Top Bottom