I know we have police officers on here, I need some help and prayer

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

53convert

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This woman may be your sister, but ask your self, are you YOU, prepared to die trying to help your sister from a person she obviously wants to be around.

She is on a whirlpool spiral down the toilet.

tntrex

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
HK I sympathize with you, but if I understand correctly, your sister is continuing to voluntarily "see" (which I take it to mean - have some kind of a boyfriend-girlfriend sexual relationship) a known ex-con, drug using, violence prone man who has already threatened her close relatives and who she personally knows to be making false, potentially damaging police reports - is that correct?

To me this is like "helping" a drunk - you cannot "help" them against their own will at least not on a lasting basis. I'd simply let your sister know that you are there for her without judgement but that you expect her to make sensible decisions if she wants any assistance, e.g. move out and you'll help house her and the nieces, etc. but not house her for a day while she goes back at night to sleep with the boyfriend and so on. If you feel she is endangering (or allowing danger to come to) the nieces that is something else you might want to stress to her and to consider for yourself. Ultimately, if she won't voluntarily leave this guy there is little you can do for her - depending on the ages of the nieces maybe you can do more for them.
BTW does the father of the girls have any concerns or input to this situation? If child endangerment is involved DHS might be an option too. Just know that once the door is open to DHS things can leave your ability to control.

Yep, She has to want out to get out. She sounds like someone I'm related too... She is addicted to the roller coaster and you have to let her sink before she ever wakes up. -- Tough love.

cowzrul

Distinguished 1998
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
HK I sympathize with you, but if I understand correctly, your sister is continuing to voluntarily "see" (which I take it to mean - have some kind of a boyfriend-girlfriend sexual relationship) a known ex-con, drug using, violence prone man who has already threatened her close relatives and who she personally knows to be making false, potentially damaging police reports - is that correct?

To me this is like "helping" a drunk - you cannot "help" them against their own will at least not on a lasting basis. I'd simply let your sister know that you are there for her without judgement but that you expect her to make sensible decisions if she wants any assistance, e.g. move out and you'll help house her and the nieces, etc. but not house her for a day while she goes back at night to sleep with the boyfriend and so on. If you feel she is endangering (or allowing danger to come to) the nieces that is something else you might want to stress to her and to consider for yourself. Ultimately, if she won't voluntarily leave this guy there is little you can do for her - depending on the ages of the nieces maybe you can do more for them.
BTW does the father of the girls have any concerns or input to this situation? If child endangerment is involved DHS might be an option too. Just know that once the door is open to DHS things can leave your ability to control.

Yep, She has to want out to get out. She sounds like someone I'm related too... She is addicted to the roller coaster and you have to let her sink before she ever wakes up. -- Tough love.

Its hard with family and friends. Many of us have been there, done that trying to help others. Unfortunately just like what has been said above, you can almost NEVER fix what we view as a bad situation until that person truly has a desire to change.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
Until she decides she is done, she will continue to go back.

If he is on drugs and his PO has been notified, he should require him to do a random piss-test. If he is not doing his job, then perhaps a call to his supervising official is in order.

Do what you can to protect the nieces. Admittedly, your options on that front are limited, and I don't believe DHS is going to do much simply because someone in the house is using meth, unfortunately. If he is and can be proven to be dealing and/or manufacturing in the home, that is a different story, but also an exponentially higher burden of proof.

It sounds to me like there is little you can do. Your sister is the one making the choices causing her life and the lives of her daughters to be disrupted at least and potentially put at great risk.

Your sister is the one who needs a familial intervention. Sounds like everyone went out of their way to help her move onward and upward (on Christmas Day, no less!), and then she spat upon everyone's efforts by throwing all that away and going back. Time to cut her loose, IMNSHO.

Latest posts

Top Bottom