• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to OKShooters Association and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member

I Need a Bookcase or Two

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jason Freeland

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I've got more stuff in digital form than not, but not everything I have is digital. And if the lights go out for any length of time ove a day, I may need the dead-tree copies.
I kept the important stuff in dead tree format, if the lights go out. Things like The Way Things Work and other technical and how to guides. I should also have a copy of Henleys Formulas running around, but I couldn't find it the last time I looked. Important to have technical guides, for those lights go out scenarios.

Jason Freeland

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
My spousal unit logged and scanned her entire collection of hardbacks this summer. 879 at last count. I saw where 1000 is considered a library, so now she has a goal.
My wife is a librarian and when we cataloged my collection (before the purge) it was over 1000. I basically kept anything I couldn't get a digital copy of and then my reference materials.

BillM

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My spousal unit logged and scanned her entire collection of hardbacks this summer. 879 at last count. I saw where 1000 is considered a library, so now she has a goal.
I have more than that in hardback, a great deal more in soft cover, and a bunch of paperbacks. Most of the hardcover stuff is either technical or textbooks. Softcover is mostly metalworking. PB's are mostly but not exclusively science fiction or fantasy. I quit smoking when I was a teen the day I found I could get 5 used paperbacks for the cost of my 3 packs a day smoking habit. Won't claim it saved me any money, but books gotta be healthier than cigarettes. That was when a pack was $0.35, and used PB's were usually $0.20 each.

Profreedomokie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
I need a large bookcase or two smaller ones to fit in an area 76'' wide. I have one bookcase in my living room that is full of car books. I have a built-in bookcase in my old SDA classroom that is full. I have a shelf of car manuals in my garage about 6' long that is full, I have a shelf 10' long in my reloading room that is full, and I have another shelf in my old classroom 6' long that is full. I have 64 volumes of The Automotive Quarterly on it and I looking to collect the remaining 145 volumes of it. Yes, I have some books.

Profreedomokie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
I build cabinets and do carpentry. If you’ve got the expendable coin you could always hire someone to build exactly what you need. But it’ll be a little pricey
There was a guy on Marketplace that built them as ordered. He is even here in Ponca. So, I sent him a message with what I needed to find out he isn't building anything right now.

Latest posts

Top Bottom