I need some advice from our older/mature OSA members...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Take her shooting.
Buy her a new gun.
Get more reloading supplies and pass her bullets as she loads, spend that "quality" time with her.
Buy her a new computer. With as many post as she has, the one she is using is probably worn out.
What about taking her out for a good steak dinner? Saltgrass has a really good 12oz steak on the menu.
A T-Shirt that says "Body Piercing by Glock."
A Lifetime NRA membership.

You have me confused with GlockCop and BadgeBunny. My wife despises computers! :pissed:

The long weekend sounds like a good idea, but she hates to travel as well. :ugh2:

I'm tellin' you guys...she's unlike anybody (or anything) I've ever seen in my entire life! :faint:

I could probably talk her into going away for a night or two, but she'd wanna take our daughters and grandson too! :rolleyes2

Anyway...keep the ideas coming. :thumb:

Honeybee

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
For our 25th I took her to Branson and stayed at a resort rather than a hotel or motel, Took her to a couple of shows and then went to the Zales outlett where she picked out her aniversary present.
Yours may not care for the Jewlery but everyone loves a good live show and being pampered for a weekend.
You have 3 months to plan but plan carefully if you decide to do branson because most shows are seasonal and they cycle in and out about every 3 months or so. That means what is there today will most likley not be there in October but fortunatly most theaters in branson plan out their shows a year or more in advance.

Have fun.

edit: everything is family friendly too so take your kids and grandkids, they will love it making it even more memorable for your wife.

Hawgman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You have me confused with GlockCop and BadgeBunny. My wife despises computers! :pissed:

The long weekend sounds like a good idea, but she hates to travel as well. :ugh2:

I'm tellin' you guys...she's unlike anybody (or anything) I've ever seen in my entire life! :faint:

I could probably talk her into going away for a night or two, but she'd wanna take our daughters and grandson too! :rolleyes2

Anyway...keep the ideas coming. :thumb:

There are a number of great cabins and bed and breakfasts right here in Oklahoma. Even right around OKC. You're in south Central Ok, there are some in that area too. Doesn't have to be fancy. As far as taking younguns with you I'd try simply explaining (very kindly/gently) it's your anniversary too and you'd like nothing more than one on one time with her.

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
For our 25th I took her to Branson and stayed at a resort rather than a hotel or motel, Took her to a couple of shows and then went to the Zales outlett where she picked out her aniversary present.
Yours may not care for the Jewlery but everyone loves a good live show and being pampered for a weekend.
You have 3 months to plan but plan carefully if you decide to do branson because most shows are seasonal and they cycle in and out about every 3 months or so. That means what is there today will most likley not be there in October but fortunatly most theaters in branson plan out their shows a year or more in advance.

Have fun.

edit: everything is family friendly too so take your kids and grandkids, they will love it making it even more memorable for your wife.

We went to Branson once. Again, here's how strange my wife is...she thought the shows were extremely overpriced. Confidentially, so did I. :rolleyes2 We rode the duck and went home the next day.

So far, the only place I can talk her into going is the Hilton over by the ORU campus in Tulsa...71st and Lewis, if I remember correctly. That's her very favorite hotel ever. We usually go to see the live performance of Oklahoma at Discoveryland there in Sand Springs every year. They have a package deal that sets you up with tickets to the show, dinner and a night's stay there at the Hilton. We love going. We missed last year and we'll probably miss this year as well since it's so damned hot! :hot:

Gimmie some more ideas! :haay:

rhodesbe

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Write her a long love letter, with a twinge of civil war vernacular and genteelness.

You're good at that, and I bet she'd love reading it.

Or, tie a bow around your junk and do jumping jacks.

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Write her a long love letter, with a twinge of civil war vernacular and genteelness.

You're good at that, and I bet she'd love reading it.

Or, tie a bow around your junk and do jumping jacks.

Yeah, I haven't written her anything in a while, that sounds like a good idea.

As for tying a ribbon around my junk and doing jumping-jacks? Both of those feats are damn near impossible...miraculous at best. :rolleyes2

Chard

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
On our twenty fifth, we stayed at a rural B&B over in Arkansas. I am fortunate to have a low maintence wife myself. It was quiet and it was nice to kick back and basically we had the place to ourselves. Lake cabin would be something else to consider.

Latest posts

Top Bottom