I need some advice from our older/mature OSA members...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This October, Mrs GED and I will celebrate 25 years of wedding bliss. I want to do something special for her during our silver anniversary, but I'm clueless. :scratch:

Here's why.

With most women, a simple piece of jewelry would suffice, however...Mrs GED doesn't wear jewelry. She also despises getting her nails and/or hair done. She doesn't tan. She doesn't shop for clothes, shoes, purses - ANYTHING!

I swear, sometimes I think she's a 70 year old man! :ugh2:

Taking her shopping usually resorts to a lot of kicking and screaming - from HER! :scream: I swear, I have the lowest maintenance wife in the entire world!

So. I'm asking desperately for your help...

What can I do for this low budget wife of mine, to make our silver anniversary a special one? :anyone:

This is gonna be a toughie and I can hardly wait to hear your suggestions. :w000t:

Ready. Set. GO!

1mathom1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
For our 25th, we rented a cabin at about 9,000ft in Colorado for a week. We both love the mountains and getting away from the heat was wonderful break. Didn't mess with gifts for either her or me.

Hawgman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We too are coming up on our 25th this year. My wife too is not overly materialistic and is also very low maintenance. She does occasionally go shopping but prefers to go with our daughter or a friend. I have at times over the years bought her the occasional high end gift. But, by far and away the gifts that have meant the most to her is the special get aways I've planed. When she sits and talks about the special things I've given her it's rarely the expensive jewelry, fancy camera, fat gift cards or any other high dollar what not. She much more often talks warmly of the 2 and 3 day weekends I've put together and surprised her with. She will talk on and on about those times and, with a smile, ask for more. I don't think she's ever asked for more trinkets with such true desire and warmth.

Our 25th is this October. I'm already in planning mode and will start making reservations as soon as I decide on a PLACE (not a thing) to surprise her with. The woman that wants to spend more time alone with you is the woman that truly loves you. And in turn, if you show want nothing more in life than to spend more time with her, she interprets that of real love from you.

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
Not even close to 25th yet, but if I could do what mathom said, I'd do well. If taking a week off is out, you might look at a Bed & Breakfast in a rural setting, or check the cabins over in an AR state park. Unless she would like to go do something (doesn't sound like it), plan on bringing all the food you'll need for however long, and pretty much not leaving for your stay. Take walks, leave the computer at home, cook for her a couple times.

Oh, and Congrats!

Biggsly

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My 20th is coming up this year. Your wife sounds alot like mine. My wife enjoys a weekend get away sometimes. Might look at a quick trip up to Branson or somewhere like that.

Fyrtwuck

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Take her shooting.
Buy her a new gun.
Get more reloading supplies and pass her bullets as she loads, spend that "quality" time with her.
Buy her a new computer. With as many post as she has, the one she is using is probably worn out.
What about taking her out for a good steak dinner? Saltgrass has a really good 12oz steak on the menu.
A T-Shirt that says "Body Piercing by Glock."
A Lifetime NRA membership.

Cedar Creek

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Sounds a lot like my wife. How about having her car detailed and taking her to Beavers Bend for a few days - take a drive over Talimena Scenic Drive to check out the fall foliage then cruise back from Talihina to Honobia and have a great meal at the Honobia Creek Store. Then you can take the Indian Trail south to Bethel and back to 259 highway into Beavers Bend. Beautiful place to be that time of the year.

Happy Anniversary!

Cedar Creek

Latest posts

Top Bottom