I proved OC a non-issue tonight!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Michael Brown

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So you are saying that most of the time, one will live by jumping out of a plane without a parachute?

No.

I am saying that going to Walmart one day is not proof of anything.

I agree that there will probably be no issue.

My point is that people do plenty of unsafe things every minute of every day with no consequences and lack of consequences most of the time does not make something a good idea.

It certainly does not "prove" it to be a non-issue.

Michael Brown

David2012

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The point of my OP was not that people who OC shouldn't excercise situaltional awareness. Everyone should always be aware of their surroundings, have plans to avoid or escape danger and be prepared to use deadly force if necessary.

My point is that for the year before OC passed we heard a constant drum beat of how there was going to be the OK Corral Gun Fights, Blood flowing ankle deep in the streets, regular incidents of gun grabs and so on. Kelly Ogle on Channel 9 and reporters on other stations were wringing their hands over OC. Even the very day that the law passed, a number of the legislative members were about to Pee themselves over worry. all because someone with the OHP or some other LEO agency had warned them about all the dangers they would encounter.

And what has actually happened....here several weeks into the new law...we have probably the busiest shopping day of the year, with untold tens of thousands of people of both sexes, of all ages, of diverse races and ethnic backgrounds crowded into stores all across this state and millions of more people in the 42 other states that also allow open carry... and most all of these people were frantically contending with each other for limited items... and know one got shot or injured by a single person who Open Carrying. No handguns were grabbed. Apparently no police actions had to be taken. OC just isn't the big bad Boogyman some people continue to paint it to be.

Norman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The point of my OP was not that people who OC shouldn't excercise situaltional awareness. Everyone should always be aware of their surroundings, have plans to avoid or escape danger and be prepared to use deadly force if necessary.

My point is that for the year before OC passed we heard a constant drum beat of how there was going to be the OK Corral Gun Fights, Blood flowing ankle deep in the streets, regular incidents of gun grabs and so on. Kelly Ogle on Channel 9 and reporters on other stations were wringing their hands over OC. Even the very day that the law passed, a number of the legislative members were about to Pee themselves over worry. all because someone with the OHP or some other LEO agency had warned them about all the dangers they would encounter.

And what has actually happened....here several weeks into the new law...we have probably the busiest shopping day of the year, with untold tens of thousands of people of both sexes, of all ages, of diverse races and ethnic backgrounds crowded into stores all across this state and millions of more people in the 42 other states that also allow open carry... and most all of these people were frantically contending with each other for limited items... and know one got shot or injured by a single person who Open Carrying. No handguns were grabbed. Apparently no police actions had to be taken. OC just isn't the big bad Boogyman some people continue to paint it to be.
Actually, what I've seen here as well as most other places seems to be people simply stating it's less preferable then CC. It boggles my mind that someone would OC, tand when doing so OC a pocket pistol. This makes pretty much no sense to me. If you aren't worried about concealing it, why not carry a pistol that is actually suited for defensive purposes? Micro pistols and OC puzzles me. You also ignored where I stated an OC'er was targeted for his pistol previously.

Norman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Did I say he was shot for it? I said he was targeted for it. It was taken from him, and he was killed with his own pistol attempting to get it back. You know exactly which incident I'm talking about.

okiebryan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Did I say he was shot for it? I said he was targeted for it. It was taken from him, and he was killed with his own pistol attempting to get it back. You know exactly which incident I'm talking about.

Yes, I do. Just wanted to make sure we were talking about the same thing. That was an unfortunate incident, and one of two gun grabs that I've been able to find involving a civilian OCer. It's really not wise to chase someone who has stolen your loaded gun from you.

For the record, there have been far more guns stolen from concealed carriers. Either way, the odds still seem quite low, given how much it's been practiced.

GlockCop

Sharpshooter
Reaction score

Im sorry. Refresh my mempry...I dont recall any Law Enforcement agency saying that There would be numerous shootouts or blood running in the streets. Any link you can provide?

David2012

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Im sorry. Refresh my mempry...I dont recall any Law Enforcement agency saying that There would be numerous shootouts or blood running in the streets. Any link you can provide?

If you can go back and find a video of the Senate vote on OC.. several of the anti- OC legislators were citing their OHP & LEO / Police Chief / Sheriff friends [some by name] having been telling them of all the dangers we would have.. such as there would be OK Corral style shootouts causing blood to flow in our streets. I watched it live as it happened.. if you want to want to see it.. go look it up for yourself.

One woman legislator against OC was so against it that she spent more time caring for her grandchild that she was babysitting while on the floor than paying attention to the questions & answers. She would often ask the same question that had just been asked and answered several times before. Some people aren't interested in facts.. if they are against something then they aren't gonna let anything like facts and statistics change their mind. The questions before the house vote was just about as bad.

Last edited:

Norman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If you can go back and find a video of the Senate vote on OC.. several of the anti- OC legislators were citing their OHP & LEO / Police Chief / Sheriff friends [some by name] having been telling them of all the dangers we would have.. such as there would be OK Corral style shootouts causing blood to flow in our streets. I watched it live as it happened.. if you want to want to see it.. go look it up for yourself.

One woman legislator against OC was so against it that she spent more time caring for her grandchild that she was babysitting while on the floor than paying attention to the questions & answers. She would often ask the same question that had just been asked and answered several times before. Some people aren't interested in facts.. if they are against something then they aren't gonna let anything like facts and statistics change their mind. The questions before the house vote was just about as bad.

Actually, what I've seen here as well as most other places seems to be people simply stating it's less preferable then CC. It boggles my mind that someone would OC, tand when doing so OC a pocket pistol. This makes pretty much no sense to me. If you aren't worried about concealing it, why not carry a pistol that is actually suited for defensive purposes? Micro pistols and OC puzzles me. You also ignored where I stated an OC'er was targeted for his pistol previously.

Just making sure you didn't miss this, since you ignored it.

watchcollector1968

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Wife and I saw our first OC the other night at Mazzios 41 and Peoria. Guy with his wife. Crowded place, kids, families and so on. Nobody really seemed to care or even notice. Not something I will do but if others do it, it sure wont bother me.

Latest posts

Top Bottom