I proved OC a non-issue tonight!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

10Seconds

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have OC'd almost every day since it became legal for me to do so. I have found most people dont notice.

I actually had to be filmed for TV yesterday and was carrying my XDs. A producer looked right at it and told me that he was sorry but that people can't wear their cell phones during filming as it can mess up the shoot when they ring. I told him it was on vibrate.

People today are too self absorbed to care that much about what others are doing or wearing unless the other person makes a big deal of it.

reddog1

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have OC'd almost every day since it became legal for me to do so. I have found most people dont notice.

I actually had to be filmed for TV yesterday and was carrying my XDs. A producer looked right at it and told me that he was sorry but that people can't wear their cell phones during filming as it can mess up the shoot when they ring. I told him it was on vibrate.

People today are too self absorbed to care that much about what others are doing or wearing unless the other person makes a big deal of it.

LMMFAO!!!!!

This is SO true.

People are oblivious.

David2012

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Good story 10Seconds.

When I wrote that I had proven OC a non-issue that night... I didn't think so many would take it literally that I had done it alone. There are 43 states with some form of OC.. and to my knowledge, there was not one news story about a issue with someone OCing anywhere. 43 states, large frantic crowds of shoppers at Walmarts, K-marts, Targets, Best Buys, Sam's Clubs and 1,000's of smaller stores... and no OC news stories about any problems it caused. No OC gun grabs, No shootouts involving OC. It takes a lot to prove something to some people. But then there are some people who still don't think we ever landed a man on the moon.

mikeyinokc

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Words have definite meanings......The only thing you PROVED that night was that, on that particular night and in that particular store, you had no issues with your open carry. Doesn't mean OC will be a non-issue every time for everyone from now on.

RedTape

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've never been robbed at gun point. That proves that being robbed is a non-issue, so we can all stop carrying firearms to protect ourselves right? That's flawed logic. Just because something worked out well for us once doesn't mean it will in the future.

You're experience didn't prove anything, other than you didn't have any problems at that particular time.

JonDough

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Reading this thread has proved to me that you can't post anything on an internet forum without someone not using common sense while reading it and then tearing your post apart and disecting the hell out of it and trying to make it look like you meant things you didn't mean and then get everyone trying to out intellectualize each other and then.....................they start posting in biggo run on sentences. LOL : )

Michael Brown

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Reading this thread has proved to me that you can't post anything on an internet forum without someone not using common sense while reading it and then tearing your post apart and disecting the hell out of it and trying to make it look like you meant things you didn't mean and then get everyone trying to out intellectualize each other and then.....................they start posting in biggo run on sentences. LOL : )

To the educated, words have meaning. The uneducated, on the other hand, see language as their toilet and let it mean whatever they feel at the moment rather than using precision in their prose.

That said, I believe the original poster means it exactly as he titled it based upon the compilation of his prior posts.

He sees a firearm like a talisman to ward off evil spirits rather than a serious piece of personal safety equipment.

Michael Brown

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom