If you could only have ONE handgun?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Shadow Knows

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
As always, Glock 36.
Love the weight, accuracy, and the .45 round. It is easy to hide in a pocket or on a belt. Oh, and it has a really big bang. Oh, Oh, and the when pointed at a BG the hole at the end keeps getting bigger and bigger the longer he stares at it.
:thumb:

Hawgman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
A glock 23 or 27 with 9mm and .357sig barrels. That would give you 14 rounds of .357mag performance (if you want it) with reliability, durability, ease and availablity of parts/replacement, easy maintenance. Not many can disassemble a revolver or 1911, replace parts and reassemble. Cheap (relative to others including.38) 9mm practice. It matches or exceeds all criterion in OP except number 7 which isn't neccessary with a glock. I would even go so far as to say a glock would be more resistant to advers conditions than a revolver such as corrosion resistance, fouling by dirt or carbon, etc.

The glocks I've owned, with the exception of a brand new G22 (don't know what was up with that thing), easily printed about 2" or less at around the 10 to 12 yard mark with most ammo. With certain loads you could do that at around 20 yards. This is about what I've been able to do with a revolver (S&W's, Rugers).

But, if you introduce passion into the equation...It'd be real hard to part with my 4" Redhawk.

Latest posts

Top Bottom