If you had $1000 and wanted a 1911 what would it be?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
VBOBs are WAY out of that $1K price range and in their respective price range there are now better choices like Les Baer. There's not a mass exodus of former Colt owners running to pay these prices either. :rolleyes:

In the $1K price range I'd try to find a Used Springfield TRP. A step up from S&W and Kimber. I'd also look at an STI Trojan or a Colt.

Danny Tanner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Nice to know I'm not the only one ;-)

Another Kimber owner here. 3" Ultra CDP ii. So far a couple hundred rounds and not a single hiccup.

Though I've only shot 2 other 1911s before and this is the only 1911 I own, so my 1911 experience isn't as robust as others here. Still, I'm happy with mine so far and would definitely consider another Kimber.

DanB

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
right at 1k dependingon where you buy.

There is a seller that keeps relisting one of these on Gunbroker. lists it starting at $1029.00. I've seen it several times now. I have also watched one not hit a reserve and bids got up to 780.

The combat model(non adjustable sites and different grips) can be had in the 800 range.

I'll be buying mine new from a local dealer. Just have to decide who is going to get that sale.

Latest posts

Top Bottom