If you had $1000 and wanted a 1911 what would it be?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ripnbst

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I am looking at this STI ranger II. They recently lowered to price to $999.99

http://www.dawsonprecision.com/ProductDetail.jsp?LISTID=4CD0001-1115949865

It says they only have one left so if you're set on a .45 they may not have it as it looks like it was offered in 9mm, .40S&W and .45 ACP.

I have a Para Ordnance 1911 and like it tons. Not a hiccup since I bought it a little over a year ago. I am indiscrimnant when I buy range ammo for the reason that I want to see if it fails. My 1911 eats everything I put in it no problems.

Reaction score
Either the last one I had and sold like an idiot during a money crunch - Sig GSR Revolution Compact,

or the one I have now and like - A Norinco "C-Bob", improved by Mr. Ol Yeller on this board (Bobtail, trigger, sights, etc.). Or a Dan Wesson C-Bob in 10mm or .45, *IF* I could find it within the stated budget. A case can be made for the DW 10mm C-Bob as THE ultimate carry gun. :)

Although I did like my Kimber "Ultra CDP Compact" with an aluminum frame and meltdown , and the Wilson KZ 45 I once had. But I like the Sig GSR and this C-Bob a bit better than those two.

Do you see the theme here? The ones I like best are all steel, both slide and frame. 4" to 4.25" bbl. Officer's (compact) grip, OR Bobbed grip. And thin grips (as come standard on the Sig, and I will soon be putting onto the C-Bob). Made for carry. :D

Or, same ones but in 9mm instead of .45 would be interesting to me, too. One extra round and uber-controllability.

Latest posts

Top Bottom