Insecticide for farm house.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mr.Glock

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
35 years ago I was in a old out of Buisness now lumber store in Midwest City, called Sutherland Lumber.

I had bought a place that had a Trailer Home on it, ate up with Rodents, Snakes and bugs of every kind, so I was looking for something to rid them. A old man who I would assume is long gone, suggested a way to drive them away and keep them out.

He asked if it had metal skirting, which I said yes sir. He said take some flexible hose and sealed containers, put one container at each end of the trailer and one in the middle just a foot or so away from the skirting. Drill hole in skirting, run hose through skirting into each sealed container, the hose allows for refills when needed. The two containers at each end of the 80ft Mobile Home fill with cheap Chlorine Bleach, the center one fill with ammonia. As all crawl spaces under homes should have vents to ventilate correctly, put the containers where you can see them through a crawl space vent to see when needing refill. I still own the place and not a single rodent, snake very few bugs in over 35 years. The Bleach smell and ammonia is apparently not enjoyed by critters that want to live underneath.

Now before some holler that it is making chloramine gas. That happens if you mix the two liquids together.

It simply works to keep anything from wanting to live or hang out under a home with a crawl space. You will never smell it inside or outside.

OH! Poke/Drill a few holes in Containers to low evaporation.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom