Interesting modernized older guns.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
What are your thoughts, and what have you seen that you like or don't like.

Gotta start with the couple that were originally posted in GED's thread.

From liliysdad
[Broken External Image]

From GED
[Broken External Image]

I personally like the modernized Marlin lever gun. That's something I'd like to have. Now the SxS with the pic rails on it, ugh.

Gideon

Formerly SirROFL
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Same here, the Marlin looks cool!

I could care less how it looks. I like it because it's now more useful to me.

I understand the pain of seeing a fine weapon ruined by being covered in tacti-cool junk and easily-broken plastic parts...but this really is the opposite of that.

The SxS, on the other hand, is pointless.

ldp4570

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
The Marlin is ok, and if it suits the owner, go for it. Not my cup of tea. That SXS, well the owner needs to be slapped, thats just stupid. I'm waiting on someone to put a light/lazer on an 1897, so I can really get sick!!!!

liliysdad

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The Marlin is ok, and if it suits the owner, go for it. Not my cup of tea. That SXS, well the owner needs to be slapped, thats just stupid. I'm waiting on someone to put a light/lazer on an 1897, so I can really get sick!!!!

I have seen a mounted light on a 97 Winchester, worked pretty slick.

As for the SxS, its a factory Stoeger piece. Why the slapping? It is a very simple manual of arms, and with the sight and light, would make for a very simple little HD Shotgun.

A few months ago, one of the local shops had a Stevens 311 that had been modified for Winchoke tubes, and had XS Ghost Ring shight on it. It was a VERY slick little piece.

Latest posts

Top Bottom