Interesting modernized older guns.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mmchambers06

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ohh, God, look what I found...Tactical Mosin:

ai85.photobucket.com_albums_k69_gixxanikk_tacMosin_1.jpg

technetium-99m

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I think lever guns are very cool and very viable defense weapons. What does one chambered in 44 mag hold? I would think it to be at least 8-9 rounds of heap big effective person stoppers effective to 100 yards. Add to that they are very ambidexterous and you have a great rifle. Not to mention they are available to those who live in areas where semi auto rifle ownership is difficult due to legislation.

I like neat guns like these in the same way I like those people who drop big blocks into pacers, have gasoline engine powered blenders, and so on.

At the end of the day there are who knows how many side by sides, mosins, and garands. Have fun making something interesting and try and learn something along the way.

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I think the SxS looks ridiculous because its probably right next to a single-shot in terms of poor choices for a home-defense gun. Sure it can be used and has been to defend stuff throughout history, but it is hardly the best choice when thinking of taking it up against a semi-auto with even marginal capacity or a threat that just happen to be made up of more than one person.

Oh...I dunno. I would think that a SxS/Coach gun would be ideal for HD, especially for women. A hammerless Coach would be even better! Point and shoot. Not silly levers or pumps to fool with.

Besides, how many bad guys do you think would stick around after one of their buddies gets a chest full of lead from a double barreled scattergun? :yikes2:

ez bake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Oh...I dunno. I would think that a SxS/Coach gun would be ideal for HD, especially for women. A hammerless Coach would be even better! Point and shoot. Not silly levers or pumps to fool with.

Besides, how many bad guys do you think would stick around after one of their buddies gets a chest full of lead from a double barreled scattergun? :yikes2:

Hope there aren't more than 2 bad guys, and hope they don't stick around (and hope they don't have guns with more than 2 rounds combined capacity)...

Sorry, but I'd rather be ready for them than hope in one hand and...

I'm not saying its entirely useless, but I'd certainly rather have more than 2 rounds for home/self defense (doesn't really matter what's in them).

If its there in a pinch, then cool. If its all or the last thing you got - absolutely, use it. I'd really not want one pointed at me, but again - if I saw someone in my house at night with a coach-gun (or 15rd Glock, 6rd revolver, etc...) - I'd rather have something with more capacity in it to defend myself.

...and with the money spent on the pic rail and optic, you could easily obtain that.

That's all I'm sayin'.

Latest posts

Top Bottom