Interesting thing I just learned

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mr ed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If you call a customer service place, like for credit card,warranty etc. and you get connected to a call center in say India, Philippines or some other country.
You can just tell them you want to speak to a rep in the USA and by law, they have to connect you.
If millions of Americans would do this, maybe they would bring those jobs back here.

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm curious how a US law can apply to an overseas call center. I'd say this needs to be tested and to see if it actually is true. Heck, it's hard enough getting the call rep to let you speak to the supervisor.

inactive

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Surprisingly, I've had as good of, if not better luck, with Indian tech support (computers) as I have with representatives in the US. Can't say I have ever used it for credit card or other service though.

Danny Tanner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
ai.imgur.com_VtWhm.gif

Werewolf

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If you call a customer service place, like for credit card,warranty etc. and you get connected to a call center in say India, Philippines or some other country.
You can just tell them you want to speak to a rep in the USA and by law, they have to connect you.
If millions of Americans would do this, maybe they would bring those jobs back here.

If true a useful thing to know.

Please cite the relevant law.

Otherwise its just urban legend.

redmax51

Sharpshooter
Reaction score

They are low paying,crummy jobs by US standards.That's why they are out sourced to the third world,noone here would take them.There are plenty of jobs here.Just not enough people who are willing to work for minimum wages.Pick up your newspaper and look.

Dr. HK

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I never heard of this. Sounds like it was your company credit card policy. Lots of these jobs are in Oklahoma because the state doesnt tax call centers. However I know that redmax is only joking, but these are great jobs if they are available. However all the outsourcing just to say a lousy .10 per call.

HMFIC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
They are low paying,crummy jobs by US standards.That's why they are out sourced to the third world,noone here would take them.There are plenty of jobs here.Just not enough people who are willing to work for minimum wages.Pick up your newspaper and look.

Dats why you gotta get tree or fore o dose jobs mon. Me, I got sebenteen jobs mon AND dats on me day off!

Latest posts

Top Bottom