Interesting thing I just learned

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MLR

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
They are low paying,crummy jobs by US standards.That's why they are out sourced to the third world,noone here would take them.There are plenty of jobs here.Just not enough people who are willing to work for minimum wages.Pick up your newspaper and look.
Just proves that while most people may want a job they don't really need one.

Michael

MLR

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
If you call a customer service place, like for credit card,warranty etc. and you get connected to a call center in say India, Philippines or some other country.
You can just tell them you want to speak to a rep in the USA and by law, they have to connect you.
If millions of Americans would do this, maybe they would bring those jobs back here.
According to Snopes.com this is false.
http://www.snopes.com/politics/business/servicerep.asp
Michael

Danny Tanner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
When making warranty replacement calls for DoD computers and equipment and somebody overseas picks up, we are required to request somebody within the United States. I suppose there's a contract agreement between the US and Gateway, Samsung, etc because after I inform them "This is US military equipment so I need to be transferred to the US." they always say "No problem!" and either transfer me or give me the domestic number.

Part of an agreement, maybe, but I've never heard there's a law. So, if you want to give that a try, tell them you're calling in regards to military equipment.

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You guys ... why do you need "the law" on your side? :faint:

This works every time:

Let them do their talking and then say "What?"

Let them talk some more and then say "What? You know, I'm really sorry but your accent is so heavy I can't understand a word you are saying. Can you repeat that please?"

Let them talk some more and then say "What? Gosh, where are you from anyway? Isn't there anyone there who can speak English?"

Repeat as needed.

Works like a charm every single time. ;)

:selfangel

ripnbst

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
When making warranty replacement calls for DoD computers and equipment and somebody overseas picks up, we are required to request somebody within the United States. I suppose there's a contract agreement between the US and Gateway, Samsung, etc because after I inform them "This is US military equipment so I need to be transferred to the US." they always say "No problem!" and either transfer me or give me the domestic number.

Part of an agreement, maybe, but I've never heard there's a law. So, if you want to give that a try, tell them you're calling in regards to military equipment.

This is different. This is due to ITAR regulations. I deal with this in my job as well. You have to be dealing with a US Citizen. You could just lie and claim that your computer is being used for military applications or your credit card is a military credit card or your lawnmower cuts the grass on 1600 Pennsylvania Ave.

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This is different. This is due to ITAR regulations. I deal with this in my job as well. You have to be dealing with a US Citizen. You could just lie and claim that your computer is being used for military applications or your credit card is a military credit card or your lawnmower cuts the grass on 1600 Pennsylvania Ave.

What happens if you run over a water meter key at that location and bend the shaft on the mower?

Latest posts

Top Bottom