Intruders 0 - Homeowner's Son 3

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HiredHand

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I agree, but are you assuming the 23yo knew why there were 3 individuals dressed in black and ski-masks were breaking into his home? He likely assumed the worst and delivered a response to stop the threat.

Not stirring pot, just wondering why people think that when someone breaks in your home, there are there to do other than bad things.

I definitely think they were committing a crime but it's not necessarily time to celebrate their death.

Anyway, if anyone is interested Greg Ellifritz and Larry Lindeman have what I believe are a valuable series of articles that pertain to the subject matter.

http://www.activeresponsetraining.net/your-tactical-training-scenario-castle-doctrine

https://pointdriventraining.com/2015/12/08/in-extremis-communication-part-1/

https://pointdriventraining.com/2015/12/17/in-extremis-communication-part-2/

https://pointdriventraining.com/2015/12/24/in-extremis-communication-part-3/

https://pointdriventraining.com/2016/01/22/in-extremis-communication-part-4/

The courses by Craig Douglas and William April sound highly valuable as well. I'd be interested to hear if anyone has taken those classes from those instructors.

Gan71632

New to the site!
Reaction score
I agree, but are you assuming the 23yo knew why there were 3 individuals dressed in black and ski-masks were breaking into his home? He likely assumed the worst and delivered a response to stop the threat.

Not stirring pot, just wondering why people think that when someone breaks in your home, there are there to do other than bad things.

Gan71632

New to the site!
Reaction score
I think it's perfectly reasonable! Especially, If the point gets across to any other morons not to steal from others, not to break in, not to wear black clothing-ski masks and run around the back of someone's house in broad daylight to completely arise suspicion, not to pack brass knuckles and knifes to "visit" other person. The whole argument is stupid! Nobody wants to kill someone else just because, but until people stop being stupid and stop regard other people's things as their own a choice has to be made? Do i protect myself and my family completely? Do I wound them so they can come back later or maybe put a lawsuit against me! They came prepared and they lost. End of story.

nofearfactor

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Seriously? I had not heard this before.
Apparently yesterday was their second time to break in. I live out here so there is a shite ton of talktalk going on around town right now. To be expected I guess. No telling what is actually true yet naturally with these incidents. But she has said she planned it all with the older guy who was her boyfriend and father of her kid. They had went in thru the garage the day before and cased the joint but left. And then came back the next day to get their stuff. That could possibly show that they were likely just after stuff, that maybe the masks were on because of the cameras, and the weapons they took were for their own protection in case someone showed up- a sure sign of their total inexperience for sure. More experienced robbers, gang members, etc, they all mostly know to carry guns because they know most homeowners have guns too. These were kids who were prolly caught up in stealing some stuff to sell for pot or whatever. They don't seem or look like the types who would have even been able to administer an ass whooping, much less worse. BUT, unlucky for them that kid went for the AR and decided they were menacing enough to take them out. He likely had heard like we all have out here lately about all of the home break-ins and car break-ins. Via Facebook everyone out here has been talking about people going thru the cars at night, breaking in to houses during the day while people at work, and a bunch have been showing their surveillance vids of basically kids just roaming around at night out here, etc. Everyone had already been on high alert for thieves out here.

nofearfactor

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
CH 6 Tulsa released the 911 call on the noon news. The kid was barricaded in his bedroom while on the phone with them. Said he shot one in the bedroom and one in the kitchen and another ran outside after he shot him so he ran to his bedroom and locked himself in til cops came. He told them to please hurry.

jakeman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
CH 6 Tulsa released the 911 call on the noon news. The kid was barricaded in his bedroom while on the phone with them. Said he shot one in the bedroom and one in the kitchen and another ran outside after he shot him so he ran to his bedroom and locked himself in til cops came. He told them to please hurry.

All I could find was a transcript.

Said he didn't think the one that fled the home was hit. Sounds like a 2 4 1 deal possibly. I guess it was 3 4 2 in actuality.

edit - they just posted the audio. Kid sounds pretty calm for someone that had just been engaged in a gunfight, even if he was the only one doing any shooting.

Last edited:

nofearfactor

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
it's not necessarily time to celebrate their death.

I don't see any of this as 'celebrating'. Being happy that a fellow innocent homeowner/legal firearms owner defended his home against multiple assailants is all any of this is as far as I can tell. Would it be any more joyful or sorrowful if they were hardened scarred and tattooed criminals in their 30s or 40s rather than barely legal apparently popular teens still in highschool? Kids who likely just got caught up in something way bigger than they likely ever could have imagined when they left home that day. But, you don't just merely rob a residence to get some money. You might go there for the money but you also gotta in the back of your head some where that if someone shows up or is there you may have to silence that person some how. This incident the homeowner was on his game and took care of business. That is reason to celebrate, not the 3 deaths. They F'd up, not him, and they paid for it with the ultimate price.

vooduchikn

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
All I could find was a transcript.

Said he didn't think the one that fled the home was hit. Sounds like a 2 4 1 deal possibly. I guess it was 3 4 2 in actuality.

edit - they just posted the audio. Kid sounds pretty calm for someone that had just been engaged in a gunfight, even if he was the only one doing any shooting.
Link please?

Latest posts

Top Bottom