Investing In Silver

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm am more interested in stocking up on brass and lead, than silver or gold.

SHTF, brass and lead will be more valuable and it is ALWAYS easy to trade / liquidate.

Jestik

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Good info here, I have looked at silver ingots, but the $3-$6 oz. premiums is just BS.

Most of my silver is old silverware I have picked up at garage sales. Can get a sterling silver tablespoon for $1 or less, if you get lucky.

I wish you the best of luck selling the silverware. In the instances I have seen, it has been difficult to determine actual weight and silver content.

Additionally, at the link I provided, you are paying approximately $0.92 over spot. That's a great deal, and definitely better than the $3-6 you mentioned. Additionally, you know that you are getting one Troy ounce of verifiable silver.

761mph

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
well I am not a silver guy so dont know lots of the lingo. I was just thinking old broken silver jewelry and such. yes that would work

doesnt have to be a OSA silver coin but...OSA member themed. Say make a 1-2 OZ challenge coin. A molon labe, a dont tread on me, a square with the coexist (firearms), zombies, pirates, a dagger.

a few years ago there was a guy that made up some OSA challenge coins, i couldn't find anything about them in a serch, but here are pics of mine

Attachments

• challenge coin a.jpg
    challenge coin a.jpg
    32 KB · Views: 101
  • challenge coin b.jpg
    challenge coin b.jpg
    28.4 KB · Views: 131

chazroh

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Been lurking in this thread a little, just started buying some silver, where is the best place in Tulsa to buy rounds or bars?

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
a few years ago there was a guy that made up some OSA challenge coins, i couldn't find anything about them in a serch, but here are pics of mine

Been trying to get up some interest for challenge coins for a while. None found.

I've never seen those 761mph.

Ronny, I've submitted the question. I'll let you know if anything happens.

Jestik

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Latest posts

Top Bottom