Investing In Silver

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OKCShooter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yes and no.

If you bought silver at $20/ounce and are selling it now for $13 or $14 an ounce, you lost money.

If you bought silver at $20/ounce and are not selling it right now because of the price of silver, you haven't lost anything yet.

If you don't need to turn your silver into a liquid asset right now, you can sit on it for as long as you wish waiting for the price of silver to go back up so you can sell it at $25 or $30/ounce (or more, who knows what it will go up to?).

You can also sit on it waiting for the US dollar to collapse completely, at which point he who has the gold may be able to make the rules, but he who has the silver will be able to buy groceries without having to worry about if the merchant can make change you're willing to accept for that ounce of gold you just handed over for a loaf of bread and a gallon of milk...

Just because you have decided that your Silver is an "investment" doesn't change the fact that you lost money.

You put tangible dollars into tangible Silver and it's worth has gone down while physically in your possession.

It would be like buying anything tangible, if the value goes down - you've lost worth.

harley128

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Just because you have decided that your Silver is an "investment" doesn't change the fact that you lost money. You put tangible dollars into tangible Silver and it's worth has gone down while physically in your possession. It would be like buying anything tangible, if the value goes down - you've lost worth.

Agree. Your net worth has decreased accordingly due to your portfolio valuation

Jestik

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
He isn't.

I'm not fond of being called a liar. Also, why would I lie on here?

I've got buyers that do not have the time/patience to get precious metals on their own. They also do not like to use credit cards or deal with the hassle of trying to purchase silver online. I do all of the legwork and financing up front for them, and then accept payments over time until their debt is paid off. It involves some "hustling" on my part...the hard work kind, not the ripping people off kind.

OKCShooter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm not fond of being called a liar. Also, why would I lie on here?

I've got buyers that do not have the time/patience to get precious metals on their own. They also do not like to use credit cards or deal with the hassle of trying to purchase silver online. I do all of the legwork and financing up front for them, and then accept payments over time until their debt is paid off. It involves some "hustling" on my part...the hard work kind, not the ripping people off kind.

You're selling a cheap ($14/oz), common, known valued commodity that can be bought literally anywhere for 60-80% above market?

Congrats!

Latest posts

Top Bottom