Investing In Silver

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ttown

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Don't be afraid of paandas either. Very few made and always go up. You have metals plus collectors to offset silver price.
http://www.jmbullion.com/silver/silver-coins/chinese-silver-pandas/

Be careful where u buy stuff lots of fakes. Buy from a good dealer
No eBay imo. Coin silver is safe and backed by U.S. government. Its not faked much other than silver dollars that bring a big premium

Jestik

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Stay away from silver rounds you'll see once you try and sell them. ASE cost more but bring more. Your best bet in pre 1965 90% coin silver. It should be going around13 Times face. One dollar worth is 13 dollars.

What do you mean by "ASE"? I've not bought any bags of silver quarters because I did not want to pay a premium upon a premium.

Jestik

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Don't be afraid of paandas either. Very few made and always go up. You have metals plus collectors to offset silver price.
http://www.jmbullion.com/silver/silver-coins/chinese-silver-pandas/

Be careful where u buy stuff lots of fakes. Buy from a good dealer
No eBay imo. Coin silver is safe and backed by U.S. government. Its not faked much other than silver dollars that bring a big premium

Why pay a premium for Pandas when the silver content is the only thing that can be relied upon? I'm buying for the silver, and I imagine when I go to sell that the person is going to quote me the spot price of silver, minus a little. How do I factor "collectability" into that?

And I know never do to buy from non-reputable sites, and definitely no Ebay. Also, don't buy off of Amazon for the simple fact that you pay so much.

Thus far I've only ever bought off of JM Bullion and only when I see stuff on sale.

ttown

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Do a year search on pandas. Last year's already almost 30 dollars. They only make like 8000 or used to. Panda America will give u an idea of values and current mintages. I just purchase to keep current now

Jestik

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
American silver eagles. Bullion backed by U.S. government.watch they've been specials around 372 to 380 a roll of 20.
http://www.jmbullion.com/2015-american-silver-eagle-tube-20-coins/

Free shipping over 100 bucks

At $381.80 for a roll of 20, that comes out to $18.09 for an ounce after you subtract the $20 for the face value of the coins. Also, is that a regular ounce or a Troy ounce? I read on the website, and it only said one ounce.

You are saying that the collector value of the coin makes up for the $2.24 markup over spot?

ttown

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I say take your silver rounds in and they will be heavy discounted call and see. A privite mint isn't backed by anyone same as sterling silver. Don't confuse wallstreet paper price to real physical metals it can run 5 bucks over spot. HSBC closing all vaults that back GLd there's currently a big question if they even have any gold. A bird in the hand is worth 2 in the Bush

Like I said if your worried about price coin silver. But heavy collected coins like the pandas won't ever and have never sold for less than 15 dollars even with silver under 5 dollars. Many are 100s of dollars.

No one that invest wants rounds now. When the price goes up it gets real bad. Much worse than it is now. The good thing about coin siver many collectors start out building sets with them and they have been melted for decades.

Last edited:

Jestik

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I just got off of the phone with the folks at APMEX, and they will pay me -$.20 vs spot for my silver ingots and rounds, so currently I could sell them for $624.80, with my total investment thus far at $675. I'd take a loss, if I sold them right now, of $50.20. I would need silver to have a spot price of $17.08 to break even, and anything above that would be profit.

Latest posts

Top Bottom