Investing In Silver

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ttown

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
And it gets worse as the price goes up. Try someone u didn't purcase them from because if u just brought them they know the game. I just brought from them ase for 380 and won't lose a dime but it might not be though them. Dealers sell what clients want and real investors don't buy rounds. You ever do hit a home run you'll learn. But it's a cheap price of an education been there done that in the 50 years of collecting and buying Pms... Good luck

You will still do better than most not even having a dog in the fight. JM Manley or englehard would be the only coins I'd consder like this and a ton of great fakes are coming from China and most buyers won't touch that stuff. So sellers won't pay that much. The limited downside to silver currently is the only reason it's this good now. Siver gets to 30 or 40 dealers could go broke buying at the highs and name brands shine at that time.

Last edited:

Jestik

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Again, what is ASE? I'd like to know so I could check them out.

And I've never bought from the folks at APMEX before, so I am not a client of theirs. What's nice is that I could set up an appointment to go down there and sell them my silver rounds and ingots and walk up with a check that day. It's nice not having to pay to ship it in and wait.

Jestik

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
He means American Silver Eagles.

What do you mean by "premium upon premium"?

Thanks.

It's complicated for me to write out here, but I guess I don't want to pay on the backend of someone who went out, collected the coins, sold them to the website I am going to buy from, and then the website puts their premium on them and tries to sell it to me.

1st Premium - Whoever found the quarters in bank rolls and sold them to a internet dealer
2nd Premium - Internet dealer who sells them to me at a cost that allows them to make a profit to cover the 1st premium and then some.

I don't know if that makes much sense like it does in my head.

Additionally, I have a local source that I can sell to and make a profit if the price of silver comes up a little. I am in ok financial shape that I can wait for that to happen, and if never does happen, then so be it.

I still like silver.

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've bought from APMEX before and I received a nicked American Buffalo $50 and let them know and hey said send it back for either a replacement or refund. There was no problem and I recommend them.

ttown

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Apmex is a good company but beware since they do multi-million dollar deals. As many of these companies if they buy high and the bottom falls out your screwed. But that's more likely at 2 or 3 times the current price. They've had shipping delays as most did on the big run up to 50. That's when u must be careful. Like I said limited downside currently just dollar cost average and you will be fine.imo

ttown

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I sold every bit of silver I had two years ago. Eagles and junk. I bought the Silver Eagles from Browns in OKC for $7.50/.

Brought back in yet? You missed peak by almost 20 bucks but not bad. You must have pursased these around 2000 to 2001.

J.T.

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I haven bought back in yet, I actually sold to a guy from a gun forum (not OSA) because he was offering a premium on my junk silver and matched all the major buyers on my eagles. I can't remember exactly when I bought in but it was prior to 2000. I only remember that because I was buying a roll of Eagles every payday when I made hourly wages working near Browns.

Edit to add: I'd like to say it was savvy and I sold at the right time. Reality is, I was BROKE! LOL, almost always the best time to sell. :-)

Latest posts

Top Bottom