Is $425 too much?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The Glock 21 is a heck of a good deal. I was in Attitude America last week and the police price on a 3rd generation G-21 and the G-21SF was $480.00 with 3 magazines.

I was in the same boat a few years back. I sold my G-21 to another officer to pay attorney fees for a divorce. Five years later I bought it back. It was the dirtiest gun I had ever seen. Took two days to get it cleaned right.

Well, this one isn't really "dirty" because he cleaned it before he put it away. The inside of the slide looks clean enough to eat off of. It's been in storage for about 4 or 5 years. Long enough for the ammo boxes to start tearing. I pulled one of the styrofoam trays of ammo out of the box and it fell apart.

It could probably use a new mag catch button and I'll probably install an extended slide stop and stick a plug in it as well. It could also use a couple of new base plates for the mags. And I'm sure I'll yank those ugly ol' adjustable night sights (which are pretty spent) off of it and replace them with just a good ol' set of Glock goalposts.

Anyway...the frame isn't even shiny yet like older Glocks are when they get carried alot. The slide has some honest holster wear up and down the length of it and the right side of the grip has some wear from an obvious seat belt and/or banging around getting in and out of a patrol car.

If I were a stranger on the street, and saw this gun in a store, I would give about $375-$400 for it. But since it was my bro needing some moolah :comfort: I gave him the $425 he was asking.

So...I reckon I'm back in the Glock business once again. :rolleyes2

Now I need to find some leather (or Kydex ;)) for it. :D

oneof79

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Flat latch? Round or square butt? Blue or nickel?

ai722.photobucket.com_albums_ww222_oneof79_premodel36005.jpg

I know the pic is kinda sucky but I think you'll get the idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom