Is $425 too much?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm in a world of ****. :cry3:

I have some money burning a hole in my pocket and I've found two guns I'm kinda interrested in. They are both priced at $425 each.

The first one belongs to a buddy of mine. He's fallen on some hard times and needs some cash. He's got a 2nd gen Glock 21, with about 200 rounds of ammo and 6 magazines.

The other one is a current production Smith & Wesson model 642. No box or docs and yes, it has the dreaded lock. :pissed:

I thought I had another J frame (model 36) lined out, but sadly, it's owner and I couldn't get together geographically. :(

Then the owner of the 649...the J frame I REALLY want...sent me a PM, but it was a little more than I have. :nono2:

Considering the two mentioned above, the logical buy (with what's included) would be the Glock 21. But...you know me and the mighty J frames. :rolleyes2

Anyway...which one should I go with? I've always wanted another Glock 21, and by buying it, I would be helping my buddy out. But then again, my real passion is...well...you know. :D

Like I said...I'm in a world of ****. :grumble:

bulbboy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The price on the 642 seems a touch high - don't they go for $375ish new?

Or was that just when I bought mine a year or two ago

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The price on the 642 seems a touch high - don't they go for $375ish new?

Or was that just when I bought mine a year or two ago

Well, considering he has $475 on it...:ugh2:

Personally, I thought it was a little high too. If it was a PRE lock, I'd pay a little "extra" but since it's got a zit. :rolleyes2

The thing about the Glock 21 is...I haven't worn anything but a J frame off duty (concealed) in a long, LONG time! Going from a J or K frame snubbie to a full size G21 is gonna be a *****! :faint:

But...I will be helping out a dear friend. He and I used to work together "back in the day" and I consider him the very best friend I have. So more than likely, if I buy this thing, he's gonna say something like "I'll wanna buy it back someday" because this was his very first sidearm when I introduced him to this wacky job way back in 1992.

This .45 is kinda sentimental to him.

ldp4570

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I'm in a world of ****. :cry3:

I have some money burning a hole in my pocket and I've found two guns I'm kinda interrested in. They are both priced at $425 each.

The first one belongs to a buddy of mine. He's fallen on some hard times and needs some cash. He's got a 2nd gen Glock 21, with about 200 rounds of ammo and 6 magazines.

The other one is a current production Smith & Wesson model 642. No box or docs and yes, it has the dreaded lock. :pissed:

I thought I had another J frame (model 36) lined out, but sadly, it's owner and I couldn't get together geographically. :(

Then the owner of the 649...the J frame I REALLY want...sent me a PM, but it was a little more than I have. :nono2:

Considering the two mentioned above, the logical buy (with what's included) would be the Glock 21. But...you know me and the mighty J frames. :rolleyes2

Anyway...which one should I go with? I've always wanted another Glock 21, and by buying it, I would be helping my buddy out. But then again, my real passion is...well...you know. :D

Like I said...I'm in a world of ****. :grumble:

Worse than a kid in a candystore with a dollar in his pocket!!!!!:wave::wave:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom