Is $425 too much?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

338Shooter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well, considering he has $475 on it...:ugh2:

Personally, I thought it was a little high too. If it was a PRE lock, I'd pay a little "extra" but since it's got a zit. :rolleyes2

The thing about the Glock 21 is...I haven't worn anything but a J frame off duty (concealed) in a long, LONG time! Going from a J or K frame snubbie to a full size G21 is gonna be a *****! :faint:

But...I will be helping out a dear friend. He and I used to work together "back in the day" and I consider him the very best friend I have. So more than likely, if I buy this thing, he's gonna say something like "I'll wanna buy it back someday" because this was his very first sidearm when I introduced him to this wacky job way back in 1992.

This .45 is kinda sentimental to him.

A BNIB 642 is gonna cost 440 shipped from Buds. So 450 in hand after the transfer. Plus....centennials suck!

http://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/product_info.php/products_id/26498

You could also get a NO LOCK 442 for $441 delivered from Buds.
http://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/product_info.php/products_id/56446

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
A BNIB 642 is gonna cost 440 shipped from Buds. So 450 in hand after the transfer. Plus....centennials suck!

My "goal" is to get one of each...

Bodyguard...Chief's Special...Centennial.

Of course, then I'll want the Airweight and all steel versions of each. And then I'll want one of each in blued and stainless and of course nickel, how can you forget nickel, dontcha just love nickel...:blahblah:

DarkLaw

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Buy the Glock - help a buddy out.

Plus... you can never have too many Glocks!

You could easily turn that around for $500, if not more, if you realllly didn't want it.

Glock - $425-450
200 rds Ammo - $35
couple of mags - $45-60

That's a good deal AND you are helping a friend out.
You earn both Gun points and karma. LoL

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Buy the Glock - help a buddy out.

Plus... you can never have too many Glocks!

You could easily turn that around for $500, if not more, if you realllly didn't want it.

Glock - $425-450
200 rds Ammo - $35
couple of mags - $45-60

That's a good deal AND you are helping a friend out.
You earn both Gun points and karma. LoL

Yeah, but...I'm just afraid in a few months, after I've already sold the G21, my buddy is gonna want it back!

Then whut? :anyone:

Besides...like I said earlier, I don't know if my kiester will like going back to a full size gun for off duty carry. Them dadgum J frames spoil ya! :cry3:

orangpowr

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ok being the good guy I am here is what I will do for you, I will buy the Glock from your buddy and you can get the J frame you want. Everyone is Happy

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Ok being the good guy I am here is what I will do for you, I will buy the Glock from your buddy and you can get the J frame you want. Everyone is Happy

Well...it's not that simple. It's really kinda complex.

See...he doesn't really wanna "sell" it, but he needs some money. He knows a pawn shop is only gonna give him 100 bucks (if that much :rolleyes2) for it and he wants it to go to somebody he trusts just in case it takes him a little while longer to come up with the funds to buy it back. We're talking many, many months...hell, maybe even a year!

And yeah, I know...given my track record, everybody's thinking I'll have it for a week or so and then trade it off. This guy is like a brother to me. I could never do that to him. Therefore, I would be stuck with a pistol that I kinda want, but not one that is really on my "list" of wanted weapons...ya know? :ugh2:

Which is another reason that I'm kinda apprehensive about buying this G21 when I know deep down in the bottom of my cold, cold heart, I would much rather have a J frame.

But...I feel for my friend and really do wanna help him.

What to do, what to do...:scream:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom