Is our political system obselete? And if so, what's the alternative?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Billybob

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
People are (or should be) equal under the law. Other than that, "equality" is one of those utopian ideals that has no basis in reality.

Yes but it's pretty clear that we've traded equal under the law(a basis of this country) for the utopian equality you mentioned, maybe that's a big root of our problems?

Grindstone

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I feel that way to some degree, but for sure - if you don't file an income tax return, you shouldn't be allowed to vote.

Thus disenfranchising the unemployed.

People are (or should be) equal under the law. Other than that, "equality" is one of those utopian ideals that has no basis in reality.

Could you explain this a little further, please?

Junior Bonner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Rubio strikes me the wrong way because it took him so long to admit the earth is more than 5,000 years old. I don't care for Cruz too much either, mainly on account of his combativeness. His eagerness to spar and waste energy on issues that I don't care anything about. He is a little game rooster. There is McCain, who wants to go to war all over the place. Perry - boy, he better avoid Paul in the debates. Jeb Bush? I don't know much about him.

Edit: The big fight for the nomination will be among this group. Now, Paul you can count out, because the GOP is not behind him.

Last edited:

Junior Bonner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'd hazard a guess and say that we've already seen something like him. Twice.

I just don't know. I know he was governor of Florida and that's about it. He will have big GOP money. I think the losers of the nomination should be colostomized. That way they will be busy tending to personal needs in the future.

Grindstone

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I just don't know. I know he was governor of Florida and that's about it. He will have big GOP money.

He'll have the Bush family connections, too. They're not an insignificant family and it's no small coincidence that they've had posts as governors and presidents. Despite the disaster that was the first decade of the millennium, they still hold a lot of power and influence.

Billybob

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Rubio strikes me the wrong way because it took him so long to admit the earth is more than 5,000 years old. I don't care for Cruz too much either, mainly on account of his combativeness. His eagerness to spar and waste energy on issues that I don't care anything about. He is a little game rooster. There is McCain, who wants to go to war all over the place. Perry - boy, he better avoid Paul in the debates. Jeb Bush? I don't know much about him.

Edit: The big fight for the nomination will be among this group. Now, Paul you can count out, because the GOP is not behind him.

Some contend if you google "Jeb Bush scandals" you'll see why some think he's reluctant to run. Others contend it's because he's more interested in money than politics and that the common core/education issue would go against him.

Junior Bonner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Some contend if you google "Jeb Bush scandals" you'll see why some think he's reluctant to run. Others contend it's because he's more interested in money than politics and that the common core/education issue would go against him.

Hmmm. He would be most likely to win, and he may not even be in the lineup. That sort of leaves us with the Keystone Cops. Except for the penniless Rand Paul.

cjjtulsa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Could you explain this a little further, please?

In what way? People aren't "equal"; equal in skills, equal in intelligence, equal in ability, etc. Trying to institute "equality" by social engineering is asinine. People should all be treated as equals legally, but trying to create a society of "equals" is a waste of time, and rather than play to the strengths of some, it plays to the weakness of others.

Everyone gets a trophy.

Latest posts

Top Bottom