Is our political system obselete? And if so, what's the alternative?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Billybob

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I thought thats where you were going.

I just wondered where the comparison stopped?

Not sure, but at some point if the Gov. is to answer all social issues including making the unequal equal when does it quit and is it just a big social experiment to prove/force an existence contrary to natural law?
My point was that this country was founded on political issues between the people and their Gov. not the social issues between different groups of people.

Last edited:

Junior Bonner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Kinda like saying a Orangutan is smarter than a chimp. Theyre both monkeys of some kind.

Rand isn't like the others. I don't know what to think about him yet, other than he strikes me as intelligent.

I don't pay much attention to either, currently, but I'm certainly no fan of Perry.

I paid attention because I saw it by accident, and was struck by the same old same old of one and the alarming intelligence of the other. The two could not have been more different than night and day.

donner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I feel that way to some degree, but for sure - if you don't file an income tax return, you shouldn't be allowed to vote.

i wont pick on you, but the whole 'owning land to vote' issue is nonsense. If for no other reason that many people live in apartments or condos that they rent. The idea that someone couldn't have a say in government, simply because they couldn't afford to own their residence is absurd.

The tax issue is slightly tougher, but still would create a gap for those who are claimed as dependents. If a person is 18 years old, but finishing up senior year in high school. Should he or she be allowed to vote? Chances are that person is still on his or her parent's tax return (thus not filing themselves) yet he or she would clearly have a reason to want to be able to vote.

The problem with limiting voting has always been how to do it in a way that doesn't adversely impact people who should be allowed to vote.

cjjtulsa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Not sure, but at some point if the Gov. is to answer all social issues including making the unequal equal when does it quit and is it just a big social experiment to prove/force an existence contrary to natural law?
My point was that this country was founded on political issues between the people and their Gov. not the social issues between different groups of people.

People are (or should be) equal under the law. Other than that, "equality" is one of those utopian ideals that has no basis in reality.

Latest posts

Top Bottom