Is the Oklahoma Gun Show tomorrow worth $14 ?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WoodsCraft

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
A better question could be..."What will you do with that $15 and couple of hours time instead of going to the show?"
Exactly and I always find deals on something I was looking for , you just have to be willing to take your time look at everything and chat with folks .

Ryan500L

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I haven’t gone to a gun show since 2000 or so. They got to where they ducked and there was more non-gun venders than sellers. And politics had driven up prices in everything so I quit. Are they worth a hoot?
I always try and make the big Tulsa show, to me it's still worth the trip. The Shawnee show can be good but it's mostly like the weekly Okc shows, vendors trying to screw people. I've seen it a hundred times where they stand around the door watching to see what someone is bringing in and then they low ball them and carry the same gun in and put it on there table and then double the price.

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Exactly and I always find deals on something I was looking for , you just have to be willing to take your time look at everything and chat with folks .

It depends on your interests. If you‘re like me with a narrow and specific focus on particular and high-dollar items, the local gun shows probably aren’t going to be a good use of your time and $14. Heck, I usually come away empty-handed at the Wanenmacher show, but at least that show is no more expensive than the local shows and offers far more to look at.

1Mudman

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Just tell your wife that your doctor said you should walk more. You are doing it for health reasons because you want to be with her longer. :P :P :P
I told my wife after the last Dr's appointment that he recommended "no yard work and at least one six pack of beer daily". My wife asked if I had a prescription for it! I ask her if my beer receipt was sufficient?

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Pretty lame show. 14 bucks didn’t bother me, that’s the cost of a decent lunch. Only thing I came close to buying was a cast iron pan.

All the shows seem lame these days- I guess I think about all the cool stuff I used to see/buy back in the early 90s.

El Pablo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Pretty lame show. 14 bucks didn’t bother me, that’s the cost of a decent lunch. Only thing I came close to buying was a cast iron pan.

All the shows seem lame these days- I guess I think about all the cool stuff I used to see/buy back in the early 90s.
I wish I’d have loaded up on 99 dollars sks that came with a crap ton of ammo. Granted, I didn’t have 99 dollars or a place to store it all. I can still dream.

Last edited:

Almost Jack Burton

Not the real Jack Burton but close.
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It's worth the money sometimes due to the other "walkers" as they have been called. I usually go to every show but have cut back because most the vendors have apparently taken to huffing paint before they set prices. Even had one raise a price after I ran to the ATM. Yeah guy that had the P10c for 450 then jumped it to 550 if you are here I'm talking about you.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
It's worth the money sometimes due to the other "walkers" as they have been called. I usually go to every show but have cut back because most the vendors have apparently taken to huffing paint before they set prices. Even had one raise a price after I ran to the ATM. Yeah guy that had the P10c for 450 then jumped it to 550 if you are here I'm talking about you.
Jerk, take pictures next time.

Latest posts

Top Bottom