Is the Python coming back?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bigred1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I can't remember. Was the cylinder recessed for the cartridge or not?
Screenshot_20191228-094114_Samsung Internet.jpg

Ryan500L

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Wonder if it will kill the price on the original Python's, people want crazy money for them now. I see them laying all over the Tulsa gun show at $2500 and on up. I don't think there moving for that though, I think that ship sailed. If S&W hadn't added that lock to there current models I don't think the old ones would be bringing these crazy prices, I don't know anyone that likes that hole in the side plate.

Gunbuffer

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Wonder if it will kill the price on the original Python's, people want crazy money for them now. I see them laying all over the Tulsa gun show at $2500 and on up. I don't think there moving for that though, I think that ship sailed. If S&W hadn't added that lock to there current models I don't think the old ones would be bringing these crazy prices, I don't know anyone that likes that hole in the side plate.
It won’t. The reverse will happen. The old Pythons will make it possible for colt to jack up the price on these new inferior ones to a ridiculous point.

Aries

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It won’t. The reverse will happen. The old Pythons will make it possible for colt to jack up the price on these new inferior ones to a ridiculous point.
I agree that this is more likely. I don't think they can put the same quality into a new gun as the vintage Pythons were known for, so I'll be surprised if it hurts them, and not very surprised if they go up even more.

adamsredlines

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
O/T but standing in line waiting to get in at the big show last month...just within the few people I could see, there were no less than 5 Pythons for sale in my immediate surroundings.
Rare I tell ya...rare!!!

bigred1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If you've never had the opportunity to shoot a Python your missing out on the best revolver ever made. There ain't no way they're gonna duplicate that gun with the half azz process that is used these days. That being said I will make sure of my statement by doing my due diligence on the new ones if in fact they come out with them.

Gunbuffer

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If you've never had the opportunity to shoot a Python your missing out on the best revolver ever made. There ain't no way they're gonna duplicate that gun with the half azz process that is used these days. That being said I will make sure of my statement by doing my due diligence on the new ones if in fact they come out with them.
They’re nice but I can’t get over the fact they turn the wrong way

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
I want one! I’ve never shot a python, but would love to own one......just not at a crazy price.
Well, Harsky and Stutch is coming back to COZI TV next year, 2020. If you're gonna get a Python you need a shoulder holster.
vintage-60s-lewis-la-cal-colt-python_1_088eb1faf7674c9fa0eef2f7ffa3c2a0.jpg

I have an idea. They can use all that meat under the barrel to insert a laser.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Actually they could quite possibly be much better. That's the scuttlebutt I hear about the new Cobras. The action is to hear it told a redesign and much better than the Detective Specials without the heavy use timing issues that plague the old Colt revolvers. I'm really hoping that this new Python is like those and just scaled up. I have a '70s version Python and a DS. Their actions are not bad per se' but they are nowhere near a nice tuned S&W. Very overrated, IMO. They do stack pretty bad in DA and the SA is not on par with S&W either. Where they shine is that they can be tuned to be the epitome of revolver actions, but there are very few that can do it anymore and it's terribly expensive. The new Colt DS seems to have a lot of that ground covered out of the box.

Latest posts

Top Bottom