Is the Python coming back?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HMCS(FMF)Ret.

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well, Harsky and Stutch is coming back to COZI TV next year, 2020. If you're gonna get a Python you need a shoulder holster.
vintage-60s-lewis-la-cal-colt-python_1_088eb1faf7674c9fa0eef2f7ffa3c2a0.jpg

I have an idea. They can use all that meat under the barrel to insert a laser.

I think I’ll buy two so I can open carry with a cowboy holster. Yeeee Hawww!!!!!

I’d probably need to put a rail on it for the tactical laser.

bigred1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
They’re nice but I can’t get over the fact they turn the wrong way
I admit with the cylinder turning clockwise and with the mass of the cylinder and cartridges rotating on the cylinder pin it's torques your hand in the opposite direction with it being (maybe a little ?) more noticable in rapid fire. I just don't think it is something that one wouldn't be able to adjust to. With me being use to S&Ws I would love to be able to shoot the crap out of Python and see just how long it takes to get use to the difference but they're just to collectable and expensive for this old boy to find out.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Pythons were always nice and pretty but they always seemed to fall short in the durability dept.

gerhard1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Actually they could quite possibly be much better. That's the scuttlebutt I hear about the new Cobras. The action is to hear it told a redesign and much better than the Detective Specials without the heavy use timing issues that plague the old Colt revolvers. I'm really hoping that this new Python is like those and just scaled up. I have a '70s version Python and a DS. Their actions are not bad per se' but they are nowhere near a nice tuned S&W. Very overrated, IMO. They do stack pretty bad in DA and the SA is not on par with S&W either. Where they shine is that they can be tuned to be the epitome of revolver actions, but there are very few that can do it anymore and it's terribly expensive. The new Colt DS seems to have a lot of that ground covered out of the box.
A 1958 vintage Police Positive Special that I have has an action so smooth that it will put a Python to shame. It is the best action I have ever seen on a Colt. It's in 32 Colt New Police/.32 S&W Long.

Ryan500L

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'll take my Freedom Arms revolvers over any Colt. I know its single action vs. double but any Freedom Arms gun will literally shoot into the same hole, the fit and finish is second to none in my book and I've never seen a revolver built any tighter. They can be bought on the used market for a lot less than a Python or an Anaconda a lot of the time.

Latest posts

Top Bottom