I've found my next project ... Rainwater Collection and Storage ...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
President GW Bush has an interesting collection system on their farm in Crawford Tx. Saw a special on tv about it. All around the house, There are gravel covered collection troughs that lead to an underground cistern. I think they just use it for outside watering.

ratski

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Had a patient of mine who set up his above ground swimming pool for this.

He didn't use the pool any longer and kept a cover on it. Ran his collection system to the pool and ran his drip irrigation system from the pool.

Dave

EFsDad

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
President GW Bush has an interesting collection system on their farm in Crawford Tx. Saw a special on tv about it. All around the house, There are gravel covered collection troughs that lead to an underground cistern. I think they just use it for outside watering.

When I was in Kosovo, almost every building outside of town had an in ground cisterns that came from the roof.

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
nope, didn't read it.
that's what I've got ya'll for :rubhands:

Edit: By the way, thanks for that ;)

LOL ... No problemo ... I decided that if you guys couldn't read I wasn't gonna convince anyone otherwise ... This is exactly why I tend to make one or two succinct statements in a thread that has great leanings politically one way or another and then move on ... Too conservative to be a liberal and too liberal to be a conservative ... Too bad there aren't more like me! :D

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have 2 of those 1000 liter containers i purchased for 35 bucks..
catch rain off my roof just 1.5" will fill one container.
My garden loves me....I did not hook all then tubes to mine.
kept mine simple and cheap..

Latest posts

Top Bottom